9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Lightbulb QX 60 Headlight - Not Working

Hi,

I own a 2014 Infiniti QX 60. The vehicle is still under manufacturer warranty. I noticed some moisture in the front left headlight and the one of the bulbs in the assembly is not working (the main bulb in the assembly). I tried to replace the xenon bulb and it still was not working. I took it to the dealer and the dealer said the whole assmbley needs to be replaced and quoted ~$2000 to do it. Anyone else had similar issues? Is this covered under manufacturers warranty? What are some options to deal with this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 06:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Wow—that’s outrageous. They are expensive, but not that expensive. Sounds like they trying to get you in a new car. You can get one online for $400-$450. If you can’t install it yourself, call around and find a body shop or mechanics that can do it.
infinitiq60 likes this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 07:22 PM

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 08:39 PM

...Here's an idea...just change out the ballast. See the video...

MarengoMac and infinitiq60 like this.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 09:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I recently had 1 single burnt in my QX60 front headlight. At night time it was very noticable. They advised that the whole assembly had to be replaced. Took approixmetely 1 hour and I did not pay anything as it was covered under warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitiq60 View Post
Hi,

I own a 2014 Infiniti QX 60. The vehicle is still under manufacturer warranty. I noticed some moisture in the front left headlight and the one of the bulbs in the assembly is not working (the main bulb in the assembly). I tried to replace the xenon bulb and it still was not working. I took it to the dealer and the dealer said the whole assmbley needs to be replaced and quoted ~$2000 to do it. Anyone else had similar issues? Is this covered under manufacturers warranty? What are some options to deal with this problem?
Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
infinitiq60 likes this.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 10:01 AM

I had the same issue back in december. The Dealer told me i had to replace the entire headlight assy which they quoted me $1500. I found a ballast on Amazon for $60 and had my mechanic put it in for $100. I was not comfortable with the removal of the bumper assy as I was doing the work on my own. Here is a link to what i purchased that worked.

Good Luck with that.
MarengoMac and infinitiq60 like this.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2018, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thumbs up Thank you

Than you all for the suggestions. I tried the ballast and went to a local mechanic. Cost me around $200 ($60 for the part and $150 for the mechanic). He also drilled 2 small holes at th e bottom so the water drains fast. Its working fine now. Thank you all.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 02:44 AM
Lsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitiq60 View Post
Than you all for the suggestions. I tried the ballast and went to a local mechanic. Cost me around $200 ($60 for the part and $150 for the mechanic). He also drilled 2 small holes at th e bottom so the water drains fast. Its working fine now. Thank you all.
I had mine replaced under warranty-extended warranty.

This is a common problem and appears to be a design flaw. There is a TSB out there about the moisture in the headlight assembly. Not sure it matters anymore but the report I got said the water caused a short in the ballast. Maybe they can replace the whole thing just for peace of mind.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
I'm having the very same issue and Infiniti North America says there is no TSB for 2014 QX60's related to condensation in the headlights. The dealer even called Infiniti's warranty hotline and was told that it was not covered under warranty. I have a CPO, 11 months old, retain original warranty as I'm under 50,000 miles and have Elite Extended Wrap. Infiniti quoted me at over $3,000 for new headlight, labor and taxes. The service manager advised using OEM parts and an Infiniti service department for the labor, if I choose to retain my warranty. I was looking for an alternative and he basically said I'd void my warranty if I did the work on my own. He said the entire front clip and wheel well will need to be removed. At this point, the car won't pass inspection with the light issue and can't safely be driven at night. How did you make it happen for you?
gmuney1 likes this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page