2015 QX60 keyfob battery - Infiniti QX60 Forum
User Tag List

 2Likes
  • 1 Post By jonesy84
  • 1 Post By gmuney1
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2017, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
2015 QX60 keyfob battery

It is telling me to replace battery. Where is the cheapest place to purchase this battery and how much do they usually cost?

thanks
wilbanks51 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-14-2017, 09:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 494
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
The easiest is any grocery store (aka Walmart). Amazon is cheaper, and ebay is the cheapest, but also has fakes. Search on brand (Duracell) and battery model (don't recall the model).
yeller is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-16-2017, 07:32 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Amazon sells Sony branded batteries for a good price. I am using them everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
vladm2015 is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 12:24 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbanks51 View Post
It is telling me to replace battery. Where is the cheapest place to purchase this battery and how much do they usually cost?

thanks
I'm sure you have replaced it by now lol, but it is a CR 2032. Couple of bucks at the drug store
philrobj is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 02:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Ohio
Posts: 133
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
I asked my dealership about this as well when they were showing me how to get the physical key out to unlock the door if the battery ever dies while I'm out and about. They then told me that I could always just bring the fob up to them and they'd pop a new battery in for me for free real quick. I was really impressed with my dealership here locally. I would imagine most dealerships are similarly customer focused.
jonesy84 is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 05:30 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Maryland
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
I went to an Infiniti dealership other than where I purchased my QX60 and they were willing to replace the battery for free (labor) but they wanted to charge more than Home Depot for the battery.
gmuney1 is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 02:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Ohio
Posts: 133
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmuney1 View Post
I went to an Infiniti dealership other than where I purchased my QX60 and they were willing to replace the battery for free (labor) but they wanted to charge more than Home Depot for the battery.
well that stinks. Did you not purchase yours from the local dealership? I wonder if it would be different going to the place you actually bought it from if that is possible?
jonesy84 is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 09:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Maryland
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Good Question. My situation was complicated and it ended with the original dealership replacing the whole fob cost free because it wouldn't hold the programming therefore under warranty. When I started having issues with it and took it to the closest Infiniti dealership, not the one I purchased it from, they proved to be less than honest shall we say, or completely incompetent or both. Needless to say, I'm driving the extra 10-15minutes to the dealership I purchased it from for service these days.
gmuney1 is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 02:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Ohio
Posts: 133
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmuney1 View Post
Good Question. My situation was complicated and it ended with the original dealership replacing the whole fob cost free because it wouldn't hold the programming therefore under warranty. When I started having issues with it and took it to the closest Infiniti dealership, not the one I purchased it from, they proved to be less than honest shall we say, or completely incompetent or both. Needless to say, I'm driving the extra 10-15minutes to the dealership I purchased it from for service these days.
lucky for you that you have two dealership options! Sounds like you know where to go at this point. If my local area Infiniti dealership wasn't so darn good, I'd have almost an hour drive to the nearest other options either in Cincinnati or Columbus
gmuney1 likes this.
jonesy84 is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 01:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Maryland
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy84 View Post
lucky for you that you have two dealership options! Sounds like you know where to go at this point. If my local area Infiniti dealership wasn't so darn good, I'd have almost an hour drive to the nearest other options either in Cincinnati or Columbus
Yeah the dealership I purchased it from its about 10 min further away and across state lines but I have more confidence in them over the one thats closed. Actually there are about 4 within 90min here in the northeastern part of Maryland
jonesy84 likes this.
gmuney1 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome