2019 Infiniti Navigation ETA error inaccurate - How to fix it - Infiniti QX60 Forum
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By propstrike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2019 Infiniti Navigation ETA error inaccurate - How to fix it

Hi Folks, I bought a new 2019 QX60 in April and I noticed right away that the ETA times in the Navigation system are way off.
On a 2 to 3 hour Interstate trip the ETA will overestimate by 30 to 45 minutes compared to Google Maps or simple math.
I got no help when I informed my dealership service department but on a recent 1500 mile trip I finally figured it out.

Apparently Navigation does not use the actual speed limits along your route to calculate ETA. It uses an internal table of average speeds on different types of roads. And it appears to assume your average speed on an Interstate Highway is 55mph. Pretty goofy since the posted speed limits from Florida to Wisconsin are all 70mph and many of us are known to take a few liberties with that.

To fix the problem you have to turn off the "auto" function and enter your own typical speeds in the table. I have the QX60 with the InTouch Navigation System so my steps to fix this are based on that. Probably most of you have the same user interface.

Press the Settings button on your dash interface and select Navigation/ Guidance Preferences / Set Average Speeds. (you'll have to scroll the screen to see the Set Average Speeds choice). Next click the control to disable "Auto" for the Average Speeds. Finally, enter your typical speeds for each type of road shown: Freeway, Main Road, Town Road, and Residential. Press Back and exit Settings.

That's it, your ETA's will now be realistic.

Enjoy your Infiniti

Propstrike
MarengoMac likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 09:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thank You! I noticed estimates were off as well, i have a 2016 hopefully they have the same option to adjust the speeds
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2020, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Thanks

I forgot to mention, the settings are associated with the key being used at the time, so you'll need to make the changes again if you use another key to start the car.

Propstrike

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-08-2020, 11:28 PM

Thank you for your effort in figuring this out. I purchased my 2019 QX60 in March of last year, and have since just been using my Google Maps app on my phone to gauge correct time.

Now, if someone will post a link to a site that has LED Car Logo Lights Ghost Lights that will work with this vehicle, I will be one happy camper. I have searched high and low and just can't find any that fit.

Thanks again!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2020, 09:47 AM

Garage
I got my ghost lights from this seller on eBay and they fit and work perfect. I have had them on my car for over 1 yr. Mine are the simple white infiniti logo.

icbmperformance
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2020, 09:49 AM

Garage
WOW!! Thank you for this!!! it has been frustrating on trips knowing how far out of whack the nav estimate has been.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 04:04 PM

Are your lights for the 2019 QX60? If so, can you send me the link to the seller? I purchased some that did not fit.

Thanks!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 03:10 PM

Garage
My QX is a 2017 and a simple search for icbmperformance on ebay will link you to the seller. I looked the other day and saw that they had some listed, but they are the full color version?