2018 qx60 with 3.5 black smoke on hard acceleration - Infiniti QX60 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2018 qx60 with 3.5 black smoke on hard acceleration

every time i accelerate hard theres black smoke coming out of the tailpipe, is not much but you can see it, anyone having the same problem?
i think is fuel related, need help getting it diagnose, dealer said engine is bad, but is not even misfiring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
If the dealer said the engine is bad, what are they going to do to fix it? A 2018 should be under the bumper to bumper warranty....unless you’ve busted the mileage warranty.

Black smoke could be caused by the engine running rich. That could be caused by dirty/bad fuel injectors or bad engine sensors. If it was oil, you’d expect to see blue/white smoke.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I think I made the biggest mistake buying my 2018 QX60. I hear and read nothing but horrible crap for such luxury vehicle. First of all, most of the features that my old 2009 GS350 has the QX60 does not have. Its horrible. The wife wanted this garbage and now she has it. I will be getting rid of it soon as I can. The future does not look so bright. The worst problem is that the Stealerships around here think this car is god. They also think there **** dont stink which in return horrible service. The local dealer is horrible so I have to drive further for better service. Anyways, I would toss your QX60. If Stealership is not sure what it is and they are saying its a bad engine then have them get it taken care of under the warranty then sell it! I have been checking this site since i got mines and all i hear and read is that they are all garbage. I see %70 negative and %30 the car is just ok. LOL

Thanks,
RP0579 | 2018 QX60 AWD

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rp0579 View Post
I think I made the biggest mistake buying my 2018 QX60. I hear and read nothing but horrible crap for such luxury vehicle. First of all, most of the features that my old 2009 GS350 has the QX60 does not have. Its horrible. The wife wanted this garbage and now she has it. I will be getting rid of it soon as I can. The future does not look so bright. The worst problem is that the Stealerships around here think this car is god. They also think there **** dont stink which in return horrible service. The local dealer is horrible so I have to drive further for better service. Anyways, I would toss your QX60. If Stealership is not sure what it is and they are saying its a bad engine then have them get it taken care of under the warranty then sell it! I have been checking this site since i got mines and all i hear and read is that they are all garbage. I see %70 negative and %30 the car is just ok. LOL
im curious what your 09 GS had that the qx60 doesnt?

--
2018 QX60 | Majestic White | Deluxe Tech w/ Theater
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKBB View Post
im curious what your 09 GS had that the qx60 doesnt?
Sure thing, these things are all a plus...not saying im lazy about it. Just saying that for someone to pay 51k for this vehicle new... ( I waited a year, so i didnt have to pay that )

For example,
- 09 GS - When I walk up to the car, doors unlock and I hop in. QX60 does not do that.
- 09 GS - Heating and Cooling Seats comes with the car. QX60 you have to get the 60k Trim for that.
- 09 GS - TRUE All Wheel Drive, QX60 AWD is only AWD when it feels like it.
- 09 GS - Bluetooth connected all the time without having to go select. Many more
- 16 Honda Accord Touring I have does all of the above that QX60 does not. (Accord is not AWD)

If someone can advise me and show me how to make it work in the QX60 then ok... i will forever be quiet on this topic. Hope that helps. everyone knows it a total ladies vehicle... Seriously, 3rd row... How many times is it really going to be used. I am sure i will be hated on for my bluntness. I can go on, but its ok I get it. Different brand different car different options and how they work. I am just saying its not worth the price and all the issues. The warranty as you read in the blogs is good and all but not the best and will not cover everything you expect it to without a fight. Please do correct me if I am wrong. I am open to all suggestions before I toss this thing. I have it in perfect condition and still baby it because I like cars. Later

Thanks,
RP0579 | 2018 QX60 AWD
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 09:48 AM

Sooo no one can comment here to prove me wrong... I was hoping for activity. So i am totally correct then? Ok, works for me. Thx all.

Thanks,
RP0579 | 2018 QX60 AWD
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Not sure how to help you, my 2014 is loaded and has the features you say are missing from yours (however, when I walk up to the car the door handle lights up, and when I grab and press the button on the handle it unlocks the driver door, press it twice and all the doors unlock—I don’t want it to unlock automatically). Of course that is of no help to you. Were you told by your salesman that your car had these features, or did you just buy it without any research? Did you discuss these features with your salesman and verified they that are not included on your car? If that’s the case, sounds like you purchased the base model...and you are correct...it isn’t very well equipped to keep the price down.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
1.So what kind of service do you have done that the dealer is bothering you?
So far mine has been oil/filter and two separate warranty issues in just shy of 70k miles, yes dealer personnel do suck they only make $ by selling you something
2.Bluetooth is a moving target in most cars, mostly because of our devices, if my wife uses my QX60 my phone (iPhone 10) will connect quicker than her (iPhone 7) making hers unable to Bluetooth until the next start/stop event
I do agree that some features should not be part of an extra$$ package but in this segment and I have been in quite a few they are all the same.
Case:I drove a ‘20 Toyota Corolla that was a rental today so not top line options but it had blind spot radar cruise control and lane keeping assist that made the little ****box **** near self driving in Traffic on country roads. Why not my $50k+ Mommobile
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 08:04 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
To clarify you really can’t compare a sport sedan to a grocery barge as well.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My 2018 has heated and cooled seats. Bluetooth connects fine, I’ve never had to mess with it. Lights come on when I get near but I have to press a button on the handle to unlock. Big deal as you have to grab the handle to open the door anyway. Why is this an issue? My 2019 NX doesn’t unlock automatically either. Touch the handle and it unlocks. Again, you still have to grab the handle to open it so unlocking automatically is unnecessary. My biggest complaint is the side mirrors don’t fold automatically. What trim level do you have?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page