User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
200k Club

Just rolled through 200k and couldn't be prouder of this vehicle. Came close to trading it in but just can't seem to do it as we love it too much. No upgrades to the vehicle and have only done regular basic maintenance to the vehicle and it's treated us right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1802.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	277.2 KB
ID:	5811  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Very nice to see. I plan on having my QX60 for the long haul so this is encouraging.

What year is your QX60?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydog190 View Post
Very nice to see. I plan on having my QX60 for the long haul so this is encouraging.

What year is your QX60?

I have a 2013 JX 35. It's the first gen which is supposed to have transmission issues but mine's been purring just fine. I hate how sluggish the transmission is but that's a design issue and can't really blame the truck for that.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydog190 View Post

What year is your QX60?

same here. I love seeing posts like this. I saw another thread a while back about the QX60 having a low 'cost of ownership' relative to others in its class. Stuff like this and that other article make me feel encouraged that I made a good decision in buying a QX60. Love the ride too, so really zero regrets buying it!
MarengoMac likes this.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 08:14 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Wow, amazing news.

I also have the '13 model year with the original transmission, no issues.

I have another 70k to go before joining your club.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 02:04 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
wow, thats a huge milestone for this car at least from my perspective!! I feel like mine will fall apart before it even hits 100k (35k miles to go).

Do you take it to Infiniti for maintenance?

Where can I check what's needed at around 65k miles service?
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 08:49 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_IV View Post
wow, thats a huge milestone for this car at least from my perspective!! I feel like mine will fall apart before it even hits 100k (35k miles to go).

Your owners manual has the service schedule.

What makes you think your truck is falling apart?

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_IV View Post

I take the truck to my local Infiniti dealer and they do all the oil changes for me. In my area they're usually $50 or so and there are always service specials from my dealer. I do the cabin and air filters myself. The A/C recharge has been done by my local dealers and the AC is still ice cold, especially here in South/Central Texas where it was 107 degrees today BEFORE factoring in humidity.

Last edited by raven69david; 07-18-2019 at 09:18 PM.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raven69david View Post
I take the truck to my local Infiniti dealer and they do all the oil changes for me. In my area they're usually $50 or so and there are always service specials from my dealer. I do the cabin and air filters myself. The A/C recharge has been done by my local dealers and the AC is still ice cold, especially here in South/Central Texas where it was 107 degrees today BEFORE factoring in humidity.

Do you find the cabin filter to be challenging to do on your own. I recall seeing on here several folks, who otherwise post about various handiwork they have done on their vehicles, state it wasmuch more challenging than they expected and they will probably just pay the extra 20 or 30 bucks to have the infiniti techs put them in for them in the future. I am coming due to have cabin filter replaced and consider myself to be in the lower/middle of the range for handiness LOL so I am wondering if I should attempt it myself to save a few dollars, or save myself the headache and just have infiniti do it for me at my next oil change? What are your thoughts on that?
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy84 View Post
Do you find the cabin filter to be challenging to do on your own. I recall seeing on here several folks, who otherwise post about various handiwork they have done on their vehicles, state it wasmuch more challenging than they expected and they will probably just pay the extra 20 or 30 bucks to have the infiniti techs put them in for them in the future. I am coming due to have cabin filter replaced and consider myself to be in the lower/middle of the range for handiness LOL so I am wondering if I should attempt it myself to save a few dollars, or save myself the headache and just have infiniti do it for me at my next oil change? What are your thoughts on that?
I'm as useless as **** on a bull when it comes to vehicle maintenance but even I was able to change the cabin air filter without any issues.

P.S.
I did NOT have to remove the footwell panel to access the filter. I left it on and it gave me no problems. I'm an extremely impatient person but I won't thrash my $54k vehicle if it takes a few extra minutes to get everything done. It should take 10-15 minutes tops to complete the install. The cabin air filter replacement at the dealer is $120 locally and that's a total ripoff due to how easy this really is.
MarengoMac likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page