• 1 Post By golftango
  • 1 Post By jonesy84

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dealership to select for service

Hi, I just got a 2018 QX60 AWD. Great ride! Love the space and fits perfect for my family.
Long story short... Local dealers did not help me one bit for my search on my purchase. Dealers away from home helped me more then anything. Huge difference, Prices are better and more welcoming.
Now I need to select a local dealer... What do I look for in selecting one over another? Other then the distance.

Thanks,
RP0579 | 2018 QX60 AWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Go on cars.com, dealerrater, yelp etc. and read service reviews for your local dealers.
rp0579 likes this.

2015 QX60 - Majestic White & Wheat
Premium & Premium Plus

2017 Honda Accord Sport SE
San Marino Red & Black - 6MT
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
I'm confused... you are trying to determine a local dealer, but not take into account distance? Are you talking about a place to get mechanic work done? or literally an Infiniti dealer? I'm blessed to have a good dealership really close to me here in Dayton (about 8 min from my house), otherwise I would have to drive to Cincinnati or Columbus, which I wouldn't do. are you proposing driving significantly further distance to go to a 'better' dealership?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am trying to locate local dealer. Which I already have. One is further the other is closer. The closer one is not where I want to take it, but prefer to take there because they are closer. Thats the point right? I just dont like the close one. Bad experience. I went in to look for a QX60. They had nothing used, they insisted I lease. I mentioned I dont want to lease and gave them exact details on what I wanted. Never heard back. I even contacted about one they had, and never got call back. I was serious buyer but I think they didnt believe it. Well here I am literally a week or 2 later with a 18 QX60 I picked up from out of town. About 4.5 hours away. Now here we are locally with 2 dealers, one closer one further. I like the further one cause they had cheaper products. For example Cargo Protector... I asked the closer dealer if they can match this price of the further one which was about a $20 difference give or take... They told me that they cant do it. Basically said "go there its better deal we dont need your business" I even said that this determines where I take my car for service. He still could not do absolutely nothing for me. It was only $20. Long story short, I will go to them anyways cause they are closer. I checked reviews like golftango suggested and further one has better reviews. Oh well. Will stick to the closer one until they get annoying. It is what it is. I just dont like the fact that they act like there **** dont stink! Ill stop now. Thanks all, have a good one!

Thanks,
RP0579 | 2018 QX60 AWD
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
that stinks that the closer one sucks so bad. I find it interesting that there can be a pretty large discrepancy in how dealerships treat their customers, all under the Infiniti brand. I'll bet their corporate folks would be quite irritated to hear about that. The day I first walked into my Infiniti dealership was about an hour before they were set to close on a Saturday afternoon/evening with my 10 year old son wearing a yardwork Tshirt and blue jeans and a pair of Sperry boat shoes with paint splatter marks on them. (so pretty much I'm sure I looked like a total bum relative to most of their customers) Despite this, an older gentleman almost immediately came up to introduce himself to us and started asking my son questions about sports, school, etc... Within about 20 minutes we had already determined that they did have a perfect CPO option with every package that I was looking for. Two evenings later we were signing paperwork and I've been loving it ever since. And the sale was made because they didn't look at the clothes I was wearing and pre-determine whether or not I would be a customer. That said enough to me, frankly. It sucks you've had almost a polar opposite experience. I am sure they realize that they had lost your sale because of their own issues. Too bad they don't try to win you back over with 'above and beyond' service.
rp0579 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page