Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

DashCam Picture Placement

6K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  jonesy84 
#1 ·
Where do you guys mount your dashcam? My intention was to mount in right next to the rear view mirror post but due to the the large area of frit on the windshield I had to reconsider.

#5 ·
jonesy - Main reason is likely for insurance purposes -- if someone crashes into you and tries to claim you crashed into them. Front and rear cams are usually recommended. Some people say not to get GPS or one that records speed as you can still be found at fault if you're speeding even if it's the other party's fault. Search around the Net and you should find lots of discussions on the topic, including catching parking lot shopping cart hits to the occasional UFO sighting :)

#12 ·
dang Vanessa, running Lyft and Uber out of a QX60!? I would NOT be sad to find out that's the ride coming to get me LOL beats the heck out of an old Honda Civic LOL

those cams look nice, by the way. very unobtrusive. what do you do about bad drivers with the footage? or are you talking about for other Lyft and Uber drivers that are bad? You can't just send footage of people being idiots to the local precinct, can you?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.