Warranty - Infiniti QX60 Forum
User Tag List

 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Tex
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Warranty

Hi I am looking at buying a 2017 QX80 50k miles. $37999

Infinity quoted almost $5000 for a bumper to bumper wrap warranty.

I need something cheaper than that.

Bumper to bumper, 125k warranty or 5 years

They said the warranty offered by our credit union isn't really a warranty it's more of a limited insurance policy.

Has anyone else heard that?

Any info would be appreciated.
Tex
Tex is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 06:01 PM
Senior Member
 
golftango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: CT
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
It's obviously CPO, is the CPO not enough warranty? FWIW, any additional service contract shouldn't cost more than $2K.

2015 QX60 - Majestic White & Wheat
Premium & Premium Plus

2017 Honda Accord Sport SE
San Marino Red & Black - 6MT
golftango is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 06:22 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
We got the price of the wrap warranty way down after discussions with the finance manager. Started at $3,000 for 7 year unlimited miles and ended up around $1,400 so we purchased it.

That being said the general CPO warranty is pretty good so you may not need the wrap. At $5,000 I would pass and “self insure”.
jonesy84 likes this.
McMoo is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 12:49 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Buy the warranty and thank me later... I bought an 8yr/100k for roughly $3k when new.

Have a 2013 that was trouble free for 6 years / 75k miles outside of it eating rear brakes like they're going out of style (3rd set). Been in the shop now several times with different issues in the last 8 months (they've had the car over 2 months between all the visits). Several different components in different areas of the SUV are failing. Roughly $16k in warranty repairs now and climbing (it's in now getting a new washer pump and fixing a dragging metal sound when turning, along with the random CEL's it throws then clears). Had several suspension issues, transfer case, drive shaft, elec. components, etc.. all replaced recently under warranty. Currently have 85k miles.

Seriously questioning quality of the brand long term. Should be able to make it 100k miles without too much issue wise, especially when I've had Toyota's and Mitsubishi's only ever require tires/oil changes through then. My past GM and Ford's I had issues around 70-80k miles, but somewhat expected it.

Not sure I'm going to make it another year / 15k miles before I wave the white flag and dump it. Though I just bought new tires and spent a ton on paint correction (wow does it look gorgeous).
Raymond Carlin is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 03:48 PM
Member
 
wpeng5040's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Chicago
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I got my 200K bumper to bumper (Non Infiniti) for $2000 from dealership for my 2017 CPO QX60

Chicago 2017 QX60 AWD Deluxe + Theater
wpeng5040 is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 05:02 PM
Senior Member
 
golftango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: CT
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Carlin View Post
Buy the warranty and thank me later... I bought an 8yr/100k for roughly $3k when new.

Have a 2013 that was trouble free for 6 years / 75k miles outside of it eating rear brakes like they're going out of style (3rd set). Been in the shop now several times with different issues in the last 8 months (they've had the car over 2 months between all the visits). Several different components in different areas of the SUV are failing. Roughly $16k in warranty repairs now and climbing (it's in now getting a new washer pump and fixing a dragging metal sound when turning, along with the random CEL's it throws then clears). Had several suspension issues, transfer case, drive shaft, elec. components, etc.. all replaced recently under warranty. Currently have 85k miles.

Seriously questioning quality of the brand long term. Should be able to make it 100k miles without too much issue wise, especially when I've had Toyota's and Mitsubishi's only ever require tires/oil changes through then. My past GM and Ford's I had issues around 70-80k miles, but somewhat expected it.

Not sure I'm going to make it another year / 15k miles before I wave the white flag and dump it. Though I just bought new tires and spent a ton on paint correction (wow does it look gorgeous).
Curious, what's your service history like? Have you done transfer case fluid changes, rear differential fluid change? At 85K, these things should have been done twice now for both.

2015 QX60 - Majestic White & Wheat
Premium & Premium Plus

2017 Honda Accord Sport SE
San Marino Red & Black - 6MT
golftango is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 09:13 AM
Member
 
wpeng5040's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Chicago
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by golftango View Post
Curious, what's your service history like? Have you done transfer case fluid changes, rear differential fluid change? At 85K, these things should have been done twice now for both.
Th maintenance manual didn't state to replace transfer fluid and differential gear oil, only if necessary. Are we suppose to do that every 40k?

Chicago 2017 QX60 AWD Deluxe + Theater
wpeng5040 is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 09:56 AM
Member
 
Durham Reality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
The original post was about a QX80, not sure why... People may have responded in reference to that particular model, but as far as the QX60, I see nothing in the manual noting any of those services under Standard Maintenance. Near the end of the service manual, you will find "Optional Premium Maintenance Upgrade" where it notes that Infiniti will basically change any fluid or wear part you pay them for, including those mentioned by previous forum member.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190604-095106_1559656589123.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	5779  



From my Brain to Yours...
Durham Reality is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 07:37 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Funny, didn't even catch the QX80 piece since this is in a QX60 forum.

Any event, as someone above states... these are all "premium options" to have transfer case oil, rear diff, etc.. changed based on the maintenance schedule.

However, I did do them based on their recommendation, and within 2-3 months is when the transfer case and drive shaft failed.

To add to my frustrations, got my car back last night. The dealer said I have a small leak in the rear A/C line and wanted $1100+ to fix with discounts since warranty has an exclusion for a/c lines. I balked at dropping another grand after just spending so much recently on it (paint correction, new tires), and about 6 months ago all fluid changes (difs, transfer case, trans, brake fluid, etc) to the tune of about $3000 or so between all that. They said the refrig. might be able to last a while but nobody knows, but "it's running cold and appropriate temps". Mind you, I had no issues before w/ a/c but I get that a small leak might not go noticed for a while. So I get out of there and have an hour drive on the highway... Absolutely no cold air, all hot air. Roasted for an hour w/ my son. I called the service guy while on the highway and asked if they screwed around with the a/c after I told them not to touch it, and he said they wouldn't have touched it. Must have just coincidentally leaked all the refrig. in the time they had it. Mind you, this "very minor leak" has not showed its face until just now. After my son's dentist appt, I don't want another hour drive with hot air so I grab some r-134a at the store on the way home with a gauge. It had absolutely zero r-134a in it based on how much it took to charge and what the specs are on the underside of the hood. So I've checked it now 2 times since last night and pressure is holding (fingers crossed). The mechanic had to jostle the lines and accidentally discharge the system I'd bet.

Also, battery was shot the dealer said... so I grabbed a new one at the store when I got the r-134a and swapped it myself vs. paying $250 or whatever they wanted to up-charge me.
Raymond Carlin is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 09:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Rooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 299
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Carlin View Post
Funny, didn't even catch the QX80 piece since this is in a QX60 forum.

Any event, as someone above states... these are all "premium options" to have transfer case oil, rear diff, etc.. changed based on the maintenance schedule.

However, I did do them based on their recommendation, and within 2-3 months is when the transfer case and drive shaft failed.

To add to my frustrations, got my car back last night. The dealer said I have a small leak in the rear A/C line and wanted $1100+ to fix with discounts since warranty has an exclusion for a/c lines. I balked at dropping another grand after just spending so much recently on it (paint correction, new tires), and about 6 months ago all fluid changes (difs, transfer case, trans, brake fluid, etc) to the tune of about $3000 or so between all that. They said the refrig. might be able to last a while but nobody knows, but "it's running cold and appropriate temps". Mind you, I had no issues before w/ a/c but I get that a small leak might not go noticed for a while. So I get out of there and have an hour drive on the highway... Absolutely no cold air, all hot air. Roasted for an hour w/ my son. I called the service guy while on the highway and asked if they screwed around with the a/c after I told them not to touch it, and he said they wouldn't have touched it. Must have just coincidentally leaked all the refrig. in the time they had it. Mind you, this "very minor leak" has not showed its face until just now. After my son's dentist appt, I don't want another hour drive with hot air so I grab some r-134a at the store on the way home with a gauge. It had absolutely zero r-134a in it based on how much it took to charge and what the specs are on the underside of the hood. So I've checked it now 2 times since last night and pressure is holding (fingers crossed). The mechanic had to jostle the lines and accidentally discharge the system I'd bet.

Also, battery was shot the dealer said... so I grabbed a new one at the store when I got the r-134a and swapped it myself vs. paying $250 or whatever they wanted to up-charge me.
I think I'd find another service department. The amount of $ you've spent at that dealership is insane! It should not require that many repairs unless it was flooded or wrecked! Seriously, I've never heard of an infiniti requiring that much in repairs with mileage under 100K -- something is not right.

Last edited by Rooster; 06-04-2019 at 10:01 PM.
Rooster is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome