• 3 Post By golftango
  • 1 Post By golftango

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Adding Lower Center USB Charging Port and Ambient LED

For 2019, Infiniti added a USB charge only port to the lower center cubby in addition to the LED ambient lamp added in 2018. These can be easily added to earlier models. The part is 969739NR0A for the center cubby and 682629NR0A for the lower lid and ambient led.

For my 2015, I spliced into the illumination of the shifter lamp wires using 3M wire taps and ran that to the illumination of the LED ambient lamp and backlight of the USB port. I then tapped into the 12V socket for the USB power. All connections were done using the correct gauge of wire, soldering and heat shrink tube for splice connections. Zip tied and secured to existing wire looms for a factory finish/look.

2015 QX60 - Majestic White & Wheat
Premium & Premium Plus

2017 Honda Accord Sport SE
San Marino Red & Black - 6MT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 04:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow! You are awesome! I wish I could do it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 07:49 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Nice work

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 09:58 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by golftango View Post
The part is 969739NR0A for the center cubby and 682629NR0A for the lower lid and ambient led.
Wow, I'd love to add this as well and hate dealing cigarette power socket.

I did a quick search at InfinitiUSA and found:
969739NR0A = MAT-CONSOLE POCKET: To confirm, this is the backing?
682629NR0A = LID-CLUSTER,LOWER CENTER: To confirm, this is this is the USB socket?

Also, do you happen to remember the wire gauge for both the LED and USB taps?

Linky
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
For 2019, Infiniti added a USB charge only port to the lower center cubby in addition to the LED ambient lamp added in 2018. These can be easily added to earlier models. The part is 969739NR0A for the center cubby and 682629NR0A for the lower lid and ambient led.

For my 2015, I spliced into the illumination of the shifter lamp wires using 3M wire taps and ran that to the illumination of the LED ambient lamp and backlight of the USB port. I then tapped into the 12V socket for the USB power. All connections were done using the correct gauge of wire, soldering and heat shrink tube for splice connections. Zip tied and secured to existing wire looms for a factory finish/look.

Looks great! My other half would love that because she hates digging through my junk in the armrest to get to the USB ports.

From my Brain to Yours...
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeller View Post
Wow, I'd love to add this as well and hate dealing cigarette power socket.

I did a quick search at InfinitiUSA and found:
969739NR0A = MAT-CONSOLE POCKET: To confirm, this is the backing?
682629NR0A = LID-CLUSTER,LOWER CENTER: To confirm, this is this is the USB socket?

Also, do you happen to remember the wire gauge for both the LED and USB taps?

Linky
I used 18 gauge wire. You could use 16 or 18.

969739NR0A = MAT-CONSOLE POCKET - Yes that is the mat only. The USB unit is separate, part is 969249NR0A
682629NR0A = LID-CLUSTER,LOWER CENTER - That is the lower lid cover with the ambient LED lamp. The ambient LED lamp was added in 2018 IIRC.
jonesy84 likes this.

Premium & Premium Plus

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 10:04 PM

Quote:

969739NR0A = MAT-CONSOLE POCKET - Yes that is the mat only. The USB unit is separate, part is 969249NR0A
682629NR0A = LID-CLUSTER,LOWER CENTER - That is the lower lid cover with the ambient LED lamp. The ambient LED lamp was added in 2018 IIRC.
Thank you for the confirmation and additional details. I'm excited to try this out.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:

I finally got the parts (multiple fiascos) and have the center console pulled apart, but can't for the life of me get the shifter knob off. Did you figure out a way to pull the knob off?

Also, do you recall which USB pins are power vs backlight? There are four pins in the small white connector. Any suggestions soldering wires inside the small tight white wire (USB) connector will be helpful (see pic)

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190510_141706_1557515841114.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	5709  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeller View Post
I finally got the parts (multiple fiascos) and have the center console pulled apart, but can't for the life of me get the shifter knob off. Did you figure out a way to pull the knob off?

Also, do you recall which USB pins are power vs backlight? There are four pins in the small white connector. Any suggestions soldering wires inside the small tight white wire (USB) connector will be helpful (see pic)

Thanks

Ohh, that’s a tough one as I had the wiring harness that goes with it. I just used the wire colors to figure out what was what by trial and error. What I’d do if I were you is make four wires with small crimp female connectors and slide them on the pins. Then you can do the trial and error like I did. Once you get the +/- for illumination sorted the rest should be easy.

For the shift knob, there’s a plastic retaining clip on the neck of the shift knob. Just slide it off and the knob comes off. Look on the backside of the boot.

Premium & Premium Plus

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Ohh, that’s a tough one as I had the wiring harness that goes with it. I just used the wire colors to figure out what was what by trial and error. What I’d do if I were you is make four wires with small crimp female connectors and slide them on the pins. Then you can do the trial and error like I did. Once you get the +/- for illumination sorted the rest should be easy.

For the shift knob, there’s a plastic retaining clip on the neck of the shift knob. Just slide it off and the knob comes off. Look on the backside of the boot.
Finished.... I think I ran into every possible issue, but now it seems to be working.

Thanks again for the help, it looks great.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page