User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Additional Wireless Headphones

Hello all! After about 2 weeks with my 2015 QX60, I still LOVE it! And this forum has been AWESOME in answering some of my questions about functionality, features, etc so far. Thanks everyone for having such a helpful and open forum to troubleshoot things!

My newest question is this: my QX60 has the theater package (despite the views of many, still a must-have for my family of small children). My problem is the vehicle obviously came with the 2 sets of wireless headphones, which are great. But I have more children than headphones, and usually I do NOT particularly love listening to the audio of kids' movies while we are on long trips LOL So, question is: can I buy any wireless headphones and get them to sync with my theater package? I would LOVE to not have to pay like $200 a pop for additional headphones. And I do want to avoid a bunch of cords, so wireless would be necessary.

And to piggyback off of this topic, because I just remembered wondering this also, if there is a movie in and playing for the kids and they are all using wireless headphones to watch the movie, can I still listen to the radio or Bluetooth music from my phone to play through the car's audio speakers? Or does it only support one audio at a time? Obviously I couldn't listen to a CD if I have a DVD in there playing, but was wondering for other non-disc sources of music?

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge everyone!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
I have the theater package. Isn’t there 2 mini RCA jacks in the back of the armrest ? I think that’s the case.

Have you tried using wired mini RCA jack headphones for the second row, and wireless for the third?
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
I have the theater package. Isn’t there 2 mini RCA jacks in the back of the armrest ? I think that’s the case.

Have you tried using wired mini RCA jack headphones for the second row, and wireless for the third?
yes, there are two headphone jacks for the second row. But I was hoping to keep them all wireless. With kids getting in and out of the 3rd row and moving the second row seats forward and backward, wireless just seems like it would ultimately work out better. If it turns out there is no other option, then corded headphones will have to do. But I've gotta believe there is a wireless alternative beyond the super expensive Infiniti headphones

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
There probably are, but you’re going to have to match the broadcast frequency of the system
jonesy84 likes this.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 11:50 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
You can get headphone jack Bluetooth adapters and sync to Bluetooth headsets. From Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=headphone...th+transmitter
jonesy84 likes this.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fushigi View Post
You can get headphone jack Bluetooth adapters and sync to Bluetooth headsets. From Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=headphone...th+transmitter
this is certainly an idea to consider. Thank you!!

any thoughts on the ability to still Bluetooth music or listen to radio on the main speakers if the little rascals are watching a movie on the screens with their headphones? I guess I can always just pop a DVD in and turn on some headphones and experiment with this myself pretty easily, just figured I'd ask here while we were on the topic....
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fushigi View Post
this is certainly an idea to consider. Thank you!!

any thoughts on the ability to still Bluetooth music or listen to radio on the main speakers if the little rascals are watching a movie on the screens with their headphones? I guess I can always just pop a DVD in and turn on some headphones and experiment with this myself pretty easily, just figured I'd ask here while we were on the topic....
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Not surprisingly, a cursory search for 'wireless headphones infiniti qx60' found lots of ideas, including these two options. I found it enlightening to read the reviews to make sure that people did indeed have an easy time getting them to work with the entertainment package in Infinitis. I ordered it w/ my prime so it should be here by tomorrow. We have a weekend trip to my in-laws planned this weekend to see my brother-in-law who gets to come home from the Marines for a few days, so I'm looking forward to using the screens in the back. I'll report back on the ability, or lack of, to listen to other audio sources while the kiddos are watching a DVD in the back.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
I'm able to play videos via USB on the back row screens (kids listening via headphones) while I and listen to streamed Bluetooth over the main speakers. Are you not able to do this?
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeller View Post
I'm able to play videos via USB on the back row screens (kids listening via headphones) while I and listen to streamed Bluetooth over the main speakers. Are you not able to do this?
I have no clue. I was just asking because I haven't tried yet. We are taking a shortish road trip this weekend to the in-laws. I plan on doing a little experimentation on this topic. I'll let ya know what I figure out this weekend