1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rooster

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 05:09 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
‘15 qx60 transmission shuddering

I have been constantly experiencing transmission shuddering when passing the 20MPH.
So disappointed in Infiniti customer service and support, most Infiniti dealers really suck, but I love the car overall. When I worked for Lexus I just loved how we were treating customers and almost every other day some customer brings some goodies for us at the dealership.
Definitely next up is Lexus for me.

Is my transmission going down the drain? Best way to prove this? Other than getting mechanic in the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Not sure I’m following you? Have you taken it to an Infiniti service department and they say nothing is wrong? This is a know problem and Infiniti will either fix the transmission or replace it. There are multiple service bulletins to fix this issue— it is well known Your best bet is to recreate the issue with a service technician to ensure they understand the issue you are experiencing.

Sorry you’ve had a bad experience—but Infiniti will fix it if there is sometuwrong. I have 65k on my QX60 Hybrid and I have no intention of selling it anytime soon. Any issue I have had (and they have been few) were fixed the first time. I have experienced excellent customer service with Infiniti at two separate Infiniti dealerships (Autonation Infiniti in Torrence CA, and Passpot Infiniti in Arlington VA).
jonesy84 likes this.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thumbs down sorry you bought a lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_IV View Post
I have been constantly experiencing transmission shuddering when passing the 20MPH.
So disappointed in Infiniti customer service and support, most Infiniti dealers really suck, but I love the car overall. When I worked for Lexus I just loved how we were treating customers and almost every other day some customer brings some goodies for us at the dealership.
Definitely next up is Lexus for me.

Is my transmission going down the drain? Best way to prove this? Other than getting mechanic in the car.

Sorry but Infiniti knows this is an issue with their CVT (transmission)….there's a class action lawsuit...google it. My car had a transmission shudder like so many other QX60 owners and the dealership changed a small part but my neighbor (who leased) got a new transmission, I owned mine...the more serious issue was my car quit accelerating at random right turns...Infiniti mechanics duplicated the issue but neither the dealership or infiniti could fix the issue. They call it an inherent feature of the car. I had to trade it in for a new MDX. It was dangerous to drive, I have 3 little kids and didn't want to risk it. Infiniti consumer affairs eventually offered me $2500 in exchange for silence...I told them to eff off...they kept the money but I get to warn others and hopefully keep people from buying this POS car. Infiniti doesn't care about lives.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Sorry but Infiniti knows this is an issue with their CVT (transmission)….there's a class action lawsuit...google it. My car had a transmission shudder like so many other QX60 owners and the dealership changed a small part but my neighbor (who leased) got a new transmission, I owned mine...the more serious issue was my car quit accelerating at random right turns...Infiniti mechanics duplicated the issue but neither the dealership or infiniti could fix the issue. They call it an inherent feature of the car. I had to trade it in for a new MDX. It was dangerous to drive, I have 3 little kids and didn't want to risk it. Infiniti consumer affairs eventually offered me $2500 in exchange for silence...I told them to eff off...they kept the money but I get to warn others and hopefully keep people from buying this POS car. Infiniti doesn't care about lives.
Since you no longer own a QX-60, how does this post help? Sorry you had a such a poor experience, but every situation is unique. Enjoy your new MDX and move along...you made your decision.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
Since you no longer own a QX-60, how does this post help? Sorry you had a such a poor experience, but every situation is unique. Enjoy your new MDX and move along...you made your decision.

I passed up the hush money from Infiniti so I could warn others about Infiniti's lack of concern for the public and to highlight the problems with these vehicles. If you don't find my post useful, you should move along and let someone else who may be having the same issues benefit from knowing which problems are inherent in the vehicle. When I was getting the run around and being lied to, it was helpful to see posts like mine to know this problem was not unique to me or my QX60. If you fail to see the value in that then I'm not here to convince you of anything.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I passed up the hush money from Infiniti so I could warn others about Infiniti's lack of concern for the public and to highlight the problems with these vehicles. If you don't find my post useful, you should move along and let someone else who may be having the same issues benefit from knowing which problems are inherent in the vehicle. When I was getting the run around and being lied to, it was helpful to see posts like mine to know this problem was not unique to me or my QX60. If you fail to see the value in that then I'm not here to convince you of anything.
Since they couldn't make you happy, Infiniti offered to buy the car back and pay you an additional $2,500. I'm not sure what you gained financially by turning that down -- doesn't make sense. I don't doubt you had bad experience, but every situation is unique. I've experienced fantastic service, which is of no use to you. Your neighbor did get a new transmission -- you didn't, why not? I find that curious. I love my QX60, have 65K miles on it with no issues...don't plan to sell it anytime soon, and I have no doubt my family is safe in it.

I read a lot of bad press about the transmission in the MDX...doesn't mean you will have a bad experience.

You're just grinding an ax.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
Since they couldn't make you happy, Infiniti offered to buy the car back and pay you an additional $2,500. I'm not sure what you gained financially by turning that down -- doesn't make sense. I don't doubt you had bad experience, but every situation is unique. I've experienced fantastic service, which is of no use to you. Your neighbor did get a new transmission -- you didn't, why not? I find that curious. I love my QX60, have 65K miles on it with no issues...don't plan to sell it anytime soon, and I have no doubt my family is safe in it.

I read a lot of bad press about the transmission in the MDX...doesn't mean you will have a bad experience.

You're just grinding an ax.

To answer your questions and then I'll be done with this discussion:

1. Neither the dealership or Infiniti offered to buy the car back; moreover, they couldn't fix the issue, not every QX60 has the problem, but mine did, I bought it new...it was under warranty. The $2,500 was to keep quiet but I had to keep the POS car...I would've kept it if they could fix the issue, which they couldn't. We loved the car otherwise.

2. My neighbor got a new transmission because, as I said in my original post, she was leasing the car so the dealership was going to get it back. I bought it so they didn't give a rats ass about fixing it because it wasn't going back to them.

3. I understand cars have issues, and maybe my MDX might too, but I'm hoping if it's a dangerous problem like the QX60 had, Acura has the sense to recall it instead of waiting for a fatality and lawsuit.

4. I have another Infiniti I'm happy with and still own.

I've earned the right to sharpen my ax...glad you're having so much fun driving your infiniti that you feel compelled to be such a big cheerleader for them. Enjoy it!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 11:04 PM

“I've earned the right to sharpen my ax...” Exactly my point, that would be all you are doing on this forum.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I own 2014 Qx60, with approx. 45k miles on it. I bought brand new. In last 4 years this is 2nd time transmission valve had to be replaced. 2 years back I used to get shuddering in low speed, they replaced the valve, lately car started making shuddering at speed above 60mph. I can tell you how to replicate the issue. accelerate to say around 60mph, then take your foot away, then try putting on the cruise, mine will give jerk. I was able to replicate this 8 out of 10 times, drove with infiniti mechanic and he acknowledged the issue.

My dealership sent mail that they are replacing the valve and they were surprised to see the issue in high speed. Other than these 2 issues, car has been doing fine. Have done all maintenance at proper time from infiniti service center only, and always on premium gas.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just bought my 2014 in February and it's my third vehicle because of the new baby. Well after one gas tank, I started to get the shuttering and I didn't buy any additional warranty. Got lucky when I complained about the car from where I bought it and they pointed out the manufacture warranty. 7 year 70k Mile warranty on the transmission. I have 61k on the clock and took it to Infiniti and they replaced it within two days with a brand new transmission.

I will say that after the new transmission was placed, it feels safer except when it's cold, you can really feel the transmission go into gear. It's more abrupt then normal but I'm hoping it's fine. Good luck!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page