2017 QX60 vs 2017 MDX - Page 2 - Infiniti QX60 Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Oh a further note on my mpg it was calculated by hand not on board computer, and I have been leaving the car in eco transmission setting I find it provides the smoothest stoplight getaway, if I need more brisk acceleration I can easily switch down normal or sport to highway merge. The dial actually has a very noticeable effect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Further reflections, I have had my 2017 for 11 months and 38k miles. Only one other than normal maintenance item the dual electric cooling fans malfunctioned and required replacement, under warranty with loaner provided. No drama it goes about it’s business very comfortably, everything works well and as advertised.
Bitches: ok why doesn’t a $50k CUV have blind spot monitoring as standard, a rogue does a corolla does why not this

Why don’t the mirrors fold/auto if you want, manual is ok though

Front passenger seat should have more power adjustments for the previously mentioned $50k

Ok so when it had the fans replaced I was in a $63k 2019 with every option available. So this is the model that compares to the MDX Advance, it is extremely nice the auto cruise is superior to Acura, the drive assist works extremely well cooled seats are great. The big rear sunroof is not my cup of tea but nice. Easily the equal of the Acura and quite possibly far superior, shapes and sizes are mostly personal preference until you spend your own $, and have to pay for maintenance.
Getting into the third seats in the QX60 is very easy if you are inclined to use 3-rows all the time the only thing easier is a YukonXL/Suburban.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 12:48 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
We just purchased our QX60 last week, first time Infiniti owner. I am a Honda guy through and through, but the wife picked this over a 2015 MDX w/ tech package. I liked the MDX's steering and surefooted-ness more than the QX60s. But the QX60 does ride a bit taller and quieter which is nice. I'm hoping that this will be as reliable as the Pilot that we replaced (2012 w/ 127K miles - very minimal issues).

2015 QX60 - Majestic White & Wheat
Premium & Premium Plus

2017 Honda Accord Sport SE
San Marino Red & Black - 6MT

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

Follow up:
I’ve had my QX60 since the end of March 2018 when I purchased it had 14,750 miles I currently have 71,980miles so I have about 50k worth of seat of the pants observations. It rides well for what it is, this is a 3-row suv so there are a lot of moving parts inside the car to make use of all that space. That said it is quiet, takes to the road with good confidence, doesn’t wander or dive either under braking or acceleration. It has plenty of power and will more than get out of its own way when pressed, fuel economy is still holding steady at roughly 22-25mpg in my mix of driving.
Problems:
1-the electric fan shroud fatigued an caused one of the fans to rub against it, warranty replacement quick and easy

2-there is an electronic coupler in the awd system that tells it to engage, it wasn’t disengaging properly (symptom is a sound like the tires are scrubbing at slow speed tight turns)fixed under warranty as well
I will add that both parts were readily available leading me to believe that these are ongoing issues that Nissan is aware of.

Everything works quite easily and there are no faults or issues with any of the features
Tires the standard Toyos sucked I replaced them at about 42k with Sumitomo CX in original equipment sizing, so far very good tire with no problems.
I would buy another one, but I would like an infotainment system that would mirror my iPhone X

I will continue to report as time allows, if you have ?’s feel free to ask. I visit the forum almost daily
Best Regards
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
I have a 2015 that I bought CPO several months and about 5k miles ago. LOVE it so far. Like you mention here, I also had an issue w/ the fan shroud making a really annoying 'clicking' sound as the fan blades hit it slightly. The infiniti tech heard it and immediately knew what it was though. Got a loaner for a day, replaced under warranty, I never missed a minute of work (fortunately dealership is right off the exit of a highway I take to go to and from work, so it couldn't have been easier). Very painless. I also was looking at an MDX initially, but have NO buyer's remorse on getting the QX60 at this point (knock on wood) I am finding your journal, of sorts, to be an interesting read. Kudos on doing this! I also am in here frequently so I will be sure to keep up with your thoughts
kbdixon likes this.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Jonesy
I drive a lot, I fly and travel a lot thru work in a local area. Because I move in and out of high volume tourist destinations I end up in a lot of rental cars that are brand new. My ass has seen a lot of different seats, if someone has a ? About a particular car (this week 12hours split between a ‘19 Camry 35miles on it and a ‘19 mustang convertible 4cyl turbo with less than 50miles)sometimes my experiences numb me to what may be valuable to a prospective buyer. But please ask away, I find the QX60 to be superior to every mid to high end domestic or Japanese/Korean cuv/suv I have driven in the past two summer seasons.
jonesy84 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page