User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By golftango

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2014, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Exclamation Anti-Freeze / Coolant Smell When Warm?!

Hey guys,

I have a 2013 "QX60" (JX35) and whenever the truck warms up it smell sof coolant / antifreeze outside the car. The hotter the truck gets, the more it smells... I took it into the dealership and they agreed they could smell it, but they said they couldn't find a leak?

Super embarrassing.... This is my first and likely only Infiniti purchase, given this + the CVT transmission judder....

Anyone found the cause of the burning coolant smell?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
How many miles do you have on yours? When they get shipped, Infiniti puts a protectant on the engine so that salt does not corrode anything. It will smell like this for about 500 miles. Other than that, I am not sure what it could be without having it here.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes I have the same issue it uses coolant and I get a smell when it warms up .Dealer said they could not find it and tried to tell me I was looking at the wrong bottle .I've Ben a certified auto tech for over 34 years I know what I'm looking at and smell .I just made a appointment for Tuesday for that and other issues as far as rear bearing noise sun visors and recalls will repost after my visit

Last edited by Wmorris2011; 06-23-2017 at 12:32 PM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Having this same issue with my 2015 with 20K. Dealer says that Infiniti / Nissan are aware of the issue, but have no resolution? Coolant level is fine, so is temp, so I guess i'm not too concerned.
jonesy84 likes this.

2015 QX60 - Majestic White & Wheat
Premium & Premium Plus

2017 Honda Accord Sport SE
San Marino Red & Black - 6MT
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by golftango View Post
Having this same issue with my 2015 with 20K. Dealer says that Infiniti / Nissan are aware of the issue, but have no resolution? Coolant level is fine, so is temp, so I guess i'm not too concerned.

same exact situation with me. Also 2015, only a few more miles than yours. I notice a distinct smell of warm coolant very plainly when I walk past the front of my car, especially now that warmer weather is (finally) here. I am acutely aware of the smell because we just had a water pump go out on our minivan so I have smelled A LOT of coolant lately LOL but same for me, no leaks, no temp issues, levels in reservoir seem constant, so nothing I am overly worried about. I think it may be a quirk of the car, though not sure why

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page