DVD movie on USB - Infiniti QX60 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DVD movie on USB

Have tried a few different formats according to the documentation but haven't had luck being able to have the car recognize (or play) a DVD movie from a USB drive.

1. Any suggestions on a good program to use to convert the movie into (and what format)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 01:17 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I use dvdfab convert to avi format. There are favors of avi so trial and error a few
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 12:36 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Check the owners manual page 4-69. USB must be formatted FAT16 or 32. Also, it only likes Divx video codecs and mp3 or acc for the audio for avi files and MPEG4/g.726 for .asf files. I've been converting using dvdfab kid shows to the Divx codec .AVI, Formated FAT32 USB. Working fine. Try a small file first to see if it works. I had to change the dault setting on dvdfab for avi to convert to Divx. The audio I kept at acc.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I have to buy the Registration code and use the DIVX code to convert at 720 Resolution. JX wont play anything higher resolution
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Any other success with movies on a usb stick? What else can you load from the usb stick? Just pictures and music?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 11:00 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Question about playing from USB.

If I plug in USB to play a video while I'm in park and it displays on the front seat main navigation screen, when I start driving, will it still keep showing?

Basically, what I'm asking is if I'm driving, can my passenger in the front seat watch a movie on the navigation screen?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCillini View Post
Question about playing from USB.

If I plug in USB to play a video while I'm in park and it displays on the front seat main navigation screen, when I start driving, will it still keep showing?

Basically, what I'm asking is if I'm driving, can my passenger in the front seat watch a movie on the navigation screen?
It will not do this from factory because it is illegal due to it being a distraction. You can take it to a custom audio place though and have the cable grounded off. So to answer your question, yes it is possible but you will need to find a place that will do it for you.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015, 11:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czyzjr View Post
Check the owners manual page 4-69. USB must be formatted FAT16 or 32. Also, it only likes Divx video codecs and mp3 or acc for the audio for avi files and MPEG4/g.726 for .asf files. I've been converting using dvdfab kid shows to the Divx codec .AVI, Formated FAT32 USB. Working fine. Try a small file first to see if it works. I had to change the dault setting on dvdfab for avi to convert to Divx. The audio I kept at acc.
This format information is on page 4-67 in my manual. You can download a coverter program at www.divx.com.

You will have to use one of the formats that saves in .avi format. You will also have to modify the size of the output so that it is 720 pixels or smaller. Also, modify the audio to so that you are using mp3 format.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2015, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey - i have 2015 QX60 & I don't have any problem playing the dvd directly from USB.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2015, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
playing movies from iPad

So, I thought I was being all smart by ordering the 30 pin to RCA cable to play movies from my old iPad 2. My plan was to download movies from my cable provider (Comcast) which I can do perfectly legally. When the movies 'expire', I would download new movies from Comcast thereby keeping my children entertained.
Everything works EXCEPT when I try to play the movie, the screen states something about due to security settings I can only play movies on a mobile device. Is there any work around to this?

Any ideas?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page