How to keep the radio on (ACC ON) while switching off engine with push-button - Infiniti QX60 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-03-2014, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
How to keep the radio on (ACC ON) while switching off engine with push-button

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. I have an 2014 Infiniti QX60. The car is loaded with features, I like it!! But one simple thing is annoying me.

How can I turn the engine off but keep the audio system on? For example, I drive the car to a parking lot with audio system on, and now I shift to PARK position and press the push button switch, the car turns off completely including the audio system. I would like to keep the audio and turn off only engine, because I may be talking on the phone or listening to my favourite music.

I read in different forums of Nissan and Inifiniti that if I double tap or quickly press the push button twice I can shut off the engine and keep the audio system on. I tried this multiple times and I could not do it. It turned off completely every time I tried it.

There is nothing in the user manual about it. I have read it multiple times. I can't believe such a basic common thing is missing in this expensive car.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-03-2014, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
great question. would love to know about this too.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-03-2014, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Yeah double tapping doesn't work. There's no method to make it work. You'd have to use another method, which may need physical changes to the car.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-03-2014, 07:19 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
You just have to push the on/off button to turn the car off, and then without putting your foot on the brake, hit the button to turn the car on. Without your foot on the brake, it only turns on the accessories. Maybe that is what they mean but double tapping the on/off button. One to turn it off, then once again to only turn on the accessories.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-03-2014, 08:15 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
But this does not keep the radio on. It turns off, then back on after a delay. This is just stupid, in my opinion. Even GM does better (keeping the radio on after the ignition is turned off until the driver door is opened).
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-04-2014, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

bsnguy is right. If you do it like how mahtx2 says, it will turn off the radio and then turn it on. If you are on the phone connected to bluetooth, then it will go off and will take time for the voice to come back to speakers.

Strange thing is that, I even called up the Infiniti customer affairs center and the spoke to some technical person and he said double tapping quickly on the push-button would do it. I even tried many times yesterday but it didn't even work single time :-(

But several people in the internet say that that method works on Nissan. I expected it to work since Infiniti is also from Nissan.

This is really stupid if they can't implement the same sequence as with the regular Key. They have setting for each and everything, and not for this...strange..
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-04-2014, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
quickly is relative?
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-04-2014, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

I guess its relative... So I tried with as fast as one can to slightly slower but no success!!
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-04-2014, 06:38 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
doesn't infiniti has some customer service support that helps with this?
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Some Infiniti models have the double tap feature, but not the qx60 (and I don't think the recent pathfinder, either). This is why calling their service line is a waste of time. They don't know and/or don't care. They are there to help you find a dealer. Not much more, in my experience.

Bottom line is that this double tap doesn't work, and nowhere is it documented that it should work, so Infiniti will do nothing to improve it, I don't think. Many of us have complained to them (I know I did) but I don't expect it to change anything; just made me feel better...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page