2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2014 QX60 Torque Converter Shutter

2014 QX60
1800km serious shuttering at low speeds and accelerating. to the point if your drinking coffee, it better be empty. because if it isn't, it's about to be! dealer says it needs a new torque. although a new one is 3 weeks away minimum. we are stuck driving it the way it is. to say the least, I'm PISSED!!!!!!!!!! this is my first Infinity and I thought I was purchasing a quality vehicle from a reliable manufacture. very disappointed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Known problem with the 2013 and 2014 Nissan Pathfinders as well as the 2014 QX60

If a new torque converter doesnt fix the problem you need a new CVT.

Grab a video of the shudder if you can for documentation.

There aren't many videos on youtube of it.
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverJX View Post
Known problem with the 2013 and 2014 Nissan Pathfinders as well as the 2014 QX60

If a new torque converter doesnt fix the problem you need a new CVT.

Grab a video of the shudder if you can for documentation.

There aren't many videos on youtube of it.
and if none of that solves it then I believe they will take the vehicle back under the local Lemon Laws.

good luck OP
post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 01:29 PM
KCQ

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
there are 4 different causes of the stutter from what I've heard. 3 of the 4 stutters/judders will get you a new CVT. One of the 4 is simple operation, or so nissan claims. I can't remember all the specifics but the problem is more than well documented on any Pathfinder forum or Nissan dealership good luck mate, keep us posted on issues...

This may be even more reason to look for an unsold JX from last year...
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCQ View Post
This may be even more reason to look for an unsold JX from last year...

all the unsold Jx35s are gonna have the new chain driven CVTs... there was a mid-year update on the CVTs and the belt driven JX (less tow load, less mpg) are all gone by now....
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I wouldnt worry about it too much.

If your car has CVT issues. Get it replaced. If it still happens. Get it replaced again. And eventually if your luck really is rotten. Just lemon law it.

Not everyone is having issues with the CVT. Its safe to say most owners are driving CVT trouble free JXs/QX60s
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 03:09 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverJX View Post
I wouldnt worry about it too much.

If your car has CVT issues. Get it replaced. If it still happens. Get it replaced again. And eventually if your luck really is rotten. Just lemon law it.

Not everyone is having issues with the CVT. Its safe to say most owners are driving CVT trouble free JXs/QX60s
Thats the best advice someone can get at this point. I'm also on the Pathfinder Forum and this is what many people have done, it just gets to a point nothing can be done in a timely manner that the lemon law needs to be brought in.
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-09-2013, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm in the same boat, except the shuttering is not as bad as yours. First Infiniti told me I was getting a new transmission after having my car for a week. I then was told that it was not the transmission that it is the torque converter. The service department told me that infiniti keeps coming out with new "tests" for them to run on my car. I was told my part would be in next week. The communication from the service department is HORRIBLE. Everything that I have found out, I've had to call and get updated myself. To say I'm disappointed with my purchase would be an understatement.
InfinitiFan likes this.
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-09-2013, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathydee10 View Post
I'm in the same boat, except the shuttering is not as bad as yours. First Infiniti told me I was getting a new transmission after having my car for a week. I then was told that it was not the transmission that it is the torque converter. The service department told me that infiniti keeps coming out with new "tests" for them to run on my car. I was told my part would be in next week. The communication from the service department is HORRIBLE. Everything that I have found out, I've had to call and get updated myself. To say I'm disappointed with my purchase would be an understatement.
hopefully things work out for you in the end, i wouldn't doubt that some of the info the dealer is giving you is false, sometimes they do that to delay things.

it's always best to call Infiniti USA and find out directly from the source.
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 01:20 PM
KCQ

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathydee10 View Post
Sounds very similar to what pathfinder owners have been experiencing with Nissan CS. It seems that the entire company actually has no clue what to do! Keep us posted on the situation.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page