2014 QX60 Torque Converter Shutter - Infiniti QX60 Forum
User Tag List

 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2014 QX60 Torque Converter Shutter

2014 QX60
1800km serious shuttering at low speeds and accelerating. to the point if your drinking coffee, it better be empty. because if it isn't, it's about to be! dealer says it needs a new torque. although a new one is 3 weeks away minimum. we are stuck driving it the way it is. to say the least, I'm PISSED!!!!!!!!!! this is my first Infinity and I thought I was purchasing a quality vehicle from a reliable manufacture. very disappointed
cey800 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 08:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 210
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Known problem with the 2013 and 2014 Nissan Pathfinders as well as the 2014 QX60

If a new torque converter doesnt fix the problem you need a new CVT.

Grab a video of the shudder if you can for documentation.

There aren't many videos on youtube of it.
foreverJX is offline  
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 01:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverJX View Post
Known problem with the 2013 and 2014 Nissan Pathfinders as well as the 2014 QX60

If a new torque converter doesnt fix the problem you need a new CVT.

Grab a video of the shudder if you can for documentation.

There aren't many videos on youtube of it.
and if none of that solves it then I believe they will take the vehicle back under the local Lemon Laws.

good luck OP
QxSixty is offline  
post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 01:29 PM
KCQ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
there are 4 different causes of the stutter from what I've heard. 3 of the 4 stutters/judders will get you a new CVT. One of the 4 is simple operation, or so nissan claims. I can't remember all the specifics but the problem is more than well documented on any Pathfinder forum or Nissan dealership good luck mate, keep us posted on issues...

This may be even more reason to look for an unsold JX from last year...
KCQ is offline  
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 03:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: bay area, ca
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCQ View Post
This may be even more reason to look for an unsold JX from last year...

all the unsold Jx35s are gonna have the new chain driven CVTs... there was a mid-year update on the CVTs and the belt driven JX (less tow load, less mpg) are all gone by now....
ningster is offline  
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 11:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 210
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I wouldnt worry about it too much.

If your car has CVT issues. Get it replaced. If it still happens. Get it replaced again. And eventually if your luck really is rotten. Just lemon law it.

Not everyone is having issues with the CVT. Its safe to say most owners are driving CVT trouble free JXs/QX60s
foreverJX is offline  
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 03:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverJX View Post
I wouldnt worry about it too much.

If your car has CVT issues. Get it replaced. If it still happens. Get it replaced again. And eventually if your luck really is rotten. Just lemon law it.

Not everyone is having issues with the CVT. Its safe to say most owners are driving CVT trouble free JXs/QX60s
Thats the best advice someone can get at this point. I'm also on the Pathfinder Forum and this is what many people have done, it just gets to a point nothing can be done in a timely manner that the lemon law needs to be brought in.
QxSixty is offline  
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm in the same boat, except the shuttering is not as bad as yours. First Infiniti told me I was getting a new transmission after having my car for a week. I then was told that it was not the transmission that it is the torque converter. The service department told me that infiniti keeps coming out with new "tests" for them to run on my car. I was told my part would be in next week. The communication from the service department is HORRIBLE. Everything that I have found out, I've had to call and get updated myself. To say I'm disappointed with my purchase would be an understatement.
InfinitiFan likes this.
Kathydee10 is offline  
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 323
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathydee10 View Post
I'm in the same boat, except the shuttering is not as bad as yours. First Infiniti told me I was getting a new transmission after having my car for a week. I then was told that it was not the transmission that it is the torque converter. The service department told me that infiniti keeps coming out with new "tests" for them to run on my car. I was told my part would be in next week. The communication from the service department is HORRIBLE. Everything that I have found out, I've had to call and get updated myself. To say I'm disappointed with my purchase would be an understatement.
hopefully things work out for you in the end, i wouldn't doubt that some of the info the dealer is giving you is false, sometimes they do that to delay things.

it's always best to call Infiniti USA and find out directly from the source.
InfinitiFan is offline  
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 01:20 PM
KCQ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathydee10 View Post
I'm in the same boat, except the shuttering is not as bad as yours. First Infiniti told me I was getting a new transmission after having my car for a week. I then was told that it was not the transmission that it is the torque converter. The service department told me that infiniti keeps coming out with new "tests" for them to run on my car. I was told my part would be in next week. The communication from the service department is HORRIBLE. Everything that I have found out, I've had to call and get updated myself. To say I'm disappointed with my purchase would be an understatement.
Sounds very similar to what pathfinder owners have been experiencing with Nissan CS. It seems that the entire company actually has no clue what to do! Keep us posted on the situation.
KCQ is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome