No streaming Audio. No 3.5mm jack...am I screwed? - Infiniti QX60 Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-28-2014, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
No streaming Audio. No 3.5mm jack...am I screwed?

Hi all. I don't see a 3.5mm aux jack..nor do I have the equipped Bluetooth Audio package. Is there any other way to play music from my phone?

Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-28-2014, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Nevermind! 3.5mm to RCA works!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Does anybody know of any hacks to use the Bluetooth phone to stream music from my android phone. I just got my QX60 the other day and also didn't know that Bluetooth was for phone only on the base model. I haven't tried the aux 3.5 on the rca plugs yet to see if that really works. Also any way to use the USB to android phone to use the video monitor (non-navigation)?
Thanks..
lewwel likes this.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 06:00 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Solutions (although not a great one)

After many months of just living with the fact that I don't have bluetooth media streaming, I found a way to stream, albeit in mono only.

For android users, download a an app on the playstore called "mono bluetooth router".

The app tricks the deck by making a "call" to your deck then keeping that transmission open for other audio from your android phone. The quality is mono, but it is an elegant solution for the stupid mistake of not buying the dumb upgrade.

Hope this helps because i lived without this for 2 years now. This is a great compromise.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 11:03 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Interesting concept, thanks for the info.

Why not buy a bluetooth/transmitter so you can get stereo streamed from your phone to all speakers? Something like this is only $14. I used one of these on my previous non-bluetooth car for years.

Linky Linky
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This is what I used on my previous car. Works very well and has a good audio quality.

Robot Check Robot Check
humvet likes this.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 07:58 PM

Bluetooth Adapter

I did not realize I needed the premium package for streaming Bluetooth - very disappointed. Does anyone have a suggestion for a device that would plug into the usb adapter and stream Bluetooth music from any phone without any additional cables? Many thanks!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 09:15 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
I did not realize I needed the premium package for streaming Bluetooth - very disappointed. Does anyone have a suggestion for a device that would plug into the usb adapter and stream Bluetooth music from any phone without any additional cables? Many thanks!
Chief, you can't stream to the USB connection, only to a radio frequency.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 02:24 PM

Right, I was wondering if there was a device that could plug into the USB port, receive the Bluetooth signal and send the music to the stereo via the USB port? Thank you for your help.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-06-2016, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Cool Another solution to bluetooth

After much testing of several configurations (memory stick, iPhone Bluetooth, Nano iPod Bluetooth, 3.5mm to RCA, Nano to USB) I settled on what I believe is the best solution.

Plugging an iPod into the USB port and leaving it there provides the best sound, excellent head unit controls and quick loading upon startup.

I have several Apple devices but needed another one to leave in the QX60 so I bought a used 16gb iPod nano 7th generation for $70 on eBay, plugged it into the USB and problem solved. This nano also has Bluetooth in it if I just have to go Bluetooth but why?

The head unit music controls are excellent (I do have the nav screen) I can choose playlists, podcasts, artists, albums, genres, etc. and I see cover art which btw Bluetooth will not show. Over 2,500 songs capacity is plenty for many months before a playlist refresh will be desired.

In my view my iPhone is an overused device as a phone, iPod, nav system, etc. using the nano takes away one of these uses and saves my battery charge.

2015 QX60 AWD Hermosa Blue/Graphite/Maple, Premium, Premium Plus & Deluxe Touring

Last edited by humvet; 02-06-2016 at 02:01 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page