User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-24-2014, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
gap

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Bluetooth Audio

I was trying to figure out what is he best way to switch Bluetooth Audio sources?

I have a family of four and we all have iPhones. When listening to my music (via bluetooth) and we decide to listen to wife's music, how can I tell the system to switch to my wife's bluetooth audio, or even my kids audio via bluetooth?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-24-2014, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Go to settings, bluetooth, connected devices, and then you can choose between audio devices.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
it would be great if they had video guides that show you how to do things like this and make it available through some app, owners would love having that.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't believe you can switch devices while the car is in motion though (ie. if wanted to switch from phone 1 to phone 2 will have to pull over I believe) which is another way the "safety" feature/touch screen functionality is crippled even for the passenger to operate.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Turn off Bluetooth to the connected device, then the car should detect and connect to another. I have not tried this, but it worked on a friend's car (not Infiniti) so give it a shot.

And, yes, love how the systems disable things for us. Like THAT doesn't cause us to stare at the screen looking for why something is disabled. I think it's more distracting to have something that you know should work not work than to be able to do it, quickly (or, better, have your passenger do it for you).
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
In my previous Infiniti, 2008 G35 with Nav, I could just push the talk button and say "phone connect" and she would ask which phone, and I could choose one of the available paired phones, and it would switch while I was driving.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
If you don't want to pull over to do this, you can plug the desired device into the USB plug and access it as an "ipod" by pressing Disc/Aux.

++++++++

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

Garage: 2016 Q50 AWD Red Sport Iridium Blue; 1960 Austin Healey Sprite
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 11:34 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
In order to have bluetooth streaming audio would the Premium package work with streaming music with bluetooth or do you need to premium plus package? I am asking because per the link below it says premium package, but some others have said I would need the premium plus package.

New 2014 Infiniti QX60 Options & Packages Prices - Motor Trend Magazine

Can someone confirm which package is required in order to stream bluetooth audio?

Thanks!
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
I advise customers against getting the car without Premium and Premium plus, but you can stream BT on either.

Edit: I was wrong. You must have Premium Plus to stream music. Sorry.

++++++++

I'm a salesperson at an
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

Garage: 2016 Q50 AWD Red Sport Iridium Blue; 1960 Austin Healey Sprite

Last edited by Sinecure; 11-19-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page