User Tag List

40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 214 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Running Boards

I just installed these running boards onto my QX60... makes it much easier for my 4-yr old to get into the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140516_113102.jpg
Views:	5604
Size:	295.6 KB
ID:	801   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140516_113114.jpg
Views:	3954
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	809   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140516_113133.jpg
Views:	6844
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	817   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140516_113144.jpg
Views:	3118
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	825   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140516_113207.jpg
Views:	4637
Size:	251.9 KB
ID:	833  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 214 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 02:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Those look really nice. Can you provide a bit more detail on what the brand and model is? Was it easy to install?
post #3 of 214 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Agreed, they look very good.

2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid AWD - Obsidian Black with Graphite Leather - Fully loaded including the Theater Package
post #4 of 214 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Looks great, which manu and model #?
post #5 of 214 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

Regarding brand/model… I’ve seen it rebranded from various sellers, so I don’t know the real/original brand.

It seems that the common description for these include keywords: Deluxe, running boards, Pathfinder. I purchased mine from Amazon from the seller AutoMaxStyling (
Amazon.com: Fits 2013-2014 Nissan Pathfinder 80" Deluxe Side Step Nerf Running Boards: Automotive Amazon.com: Fits 2013-2014 Nissan Pathfinder 80" Deluxe Side Step Nerf Running Boards: Automotive
)

At $245, it was the cheapest I could find… You can also find them elsewhere like e Bay, which sells for slight and significantly more.

I will clarify that these are typically advertised for the Pathfinder (in case you couldn’t find them for the QX60)… I checked out the Pathfinder forum and found that a few owners had them installed (and many thanks to them for their help). I read the instructions and found that the Pathfinder body holes were EXACTLY the same as the QX60. So, I went for it and bought them. The construction is solid and quality is very high. And I think they have a clean look to them. The steel is thick and not flimsy in any way. To me, they look as if they could be OEM (though I know they’re not).

The installation was as I had expected. The running board description says “80 inches”, but it’s not… it’s more like 75-76” (perfect for the QX60). And the description says these don’t fit the QX60,… but again I found they fit perfectly, even considering I have factory splash guards. I also found out during the installation that the package was missing a few bolts/nuts, but was able to easily find them at Home Depot. Some have installed them on their own while others paid someone/place to do it for them. I installed mine myself and found that it was fairly easy, though a little time consuming (4 hrs total) since I was being very careful and had to stop and clean up to take care of something else (as well as get the missing pieces). And I installed them myself since I wanted to get a good look underneath the body anyway (may spray additional rubberize undercoating). There was no need to drill holes, which was nice. Prior to the install, I laid out and labeled all the brackets and major parts (e.g., driver side vs passenger side and front vs center vs rear,.. to which there are differences). I read the directions twice. One doing the passenger side first (per the directions), the driver side was a breeze.

The nice thing about fitting these running boards is that you can adjust them closer toward the front or rear and inward or outward before tightening (i.e., it’s not pre-fixed).

Overall, I’m really happy with these. I had my 4-yr old son test them out today, had NO problems getting in/out of the car.
Czyzjr likes this.
post #6 of 214 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Awesome write-up. Thanks tsk.

++++++++

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

Garage: 2016 Q50 AWD Red Sport Iridium Blue; 1960 Austin Healey Sprite
post #7 of 214 (permalink) Old 05-27-2014, 11:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Thanks tsk for posting this. I'am looking for running boards for mine also will post some pictures after installing them

Thanks
post #8 of 214 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014, 12:34 AM
Lead Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
This is the best looking running board I've seen yet for the JX/QX. Thanks for posting the information and pictures. Great job!
post #9 of 214 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Bob. I did a lot of photoshopping first to figure out which running boards would look good on this car and I felt this does it. I think the factory black plastic on the door bottoms make the center of the car look a bit empty (though I like how it flares out)... and that these particular chrome running boards help give it a lowered looking base without actually reducing ground clearance. It's simple enough to look OEM and sleek at the same time. My son and wife love them as it really helps them get in/out of the car. I don't know if any other QX60 owners have installed these.. doubt I'm the only one, but I haven't seen it in person or online. And I've started noticing other QX60 drivers doing a double-take when passing nearby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobOB View Post
This is the best looking running board I've seen yet for the JX/QX. Thanks for posting the information and pictures. Great job!
BobOB likes this.
post #10 of 214 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Thanks for posting this. I've passed this thread along to a couple of clients who were asking about putting running boards on their QX60's.

++++++++

I'm a salesperson at an
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

Garage: 2016 Q50 AWD Red Sport Iridium Blue; 1960 Austin Healey Sprite

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page