Third row without AC vents - Infiniti QX60 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 01:40 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Third row without AC vents

Seems that new models of QX60 does not have AC vents in 3rd row. Owners of 2016/2017 models , can you please comment on the passenger comfort on 3rd row without the AC vents?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
According to Alex from AlexonAutos in his review of QX60, the removal of the 3rd row vent improved the overall A/C performance.
2016 Infiniti QX60 Crossover First Drive ? Alex On Autos

I have a 2017 and live in the SF Bay Area so haven't come across a particularly hot day yet to test this.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Just make sure the ac vents in the second row are open and you'll be fine. There is heat to the third row, FWIW.

++++++++

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

Garage: 2016 Q50 AWD Red Sport Iridium Blue; 1960 Austin Healey Sprite

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
2 words. Not Good.

kids will suffocate back there in the summer heat. No airflow can reach back there at all.
Seats will not be cool off over an hour if the panoramic shades are open even with ALL vents open and AC blast to high.
They need to have a recall and fix this issue before someone dies from heat exhaustion back there.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 01:55 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
I guess you can put the kids you like less in the third row...

I don't understand why they would remove them from one generation to the next. It just makes no sense.

2014 Infiniti QX60 AWD (Premium, Premium+, Driver Assistance)
2014 Ford Escape Titanium
2014 Toyota Camry SE
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoEsq View Post
I guess you can put the kids you like less in the third row...

I don't understand why they would remove them from one generation to the next. It just makes no sense.
cost cutting. less material needed to duct the vents, and vent housing. they figured the majority of families used it as a 5 passenger anyway, no point to spend more on something very few would use. I'm sure they're get rid of the tilt middle row seat too if it was cheaper to make a new one that doesn't do that.

Then they said we gave ya 2 more USB ports, so we need to remove something else because we don't have any more space. That's so bullshit. We need a petition for them to add it back on our existing model, not future model. On climate that doesn't get that hot, it's fine I guess. But on days that it's hot. It can really kill someone back there.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
2017 QX60: It was 113 here yesterday (excluding humidity) and the 3rd row gets cool rather quickly according to my kids. Sure it's hot when you first get in the truck but it maybe takes an extra 5 minutes, if that, to start feeling the cool air in the 3rd row with the AC on full blast.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven69david View Post
2017 QX60: It was 113 here yesterday (excluding humidity) and the 3rd row gets cool rather quickly according to my kids. Sure it's hot when you first get in the truck but it maybe takes an extra 5 minutes, if that, to start feeling the cool air in the 3rd row with the AC on full blast.
It may be fine for you maybe because your area have low to no humidity. But here on the northeast of the continent. It's impossible to feel comfortable back there on a hot day. And we're only talking about 96 degree with humidity. Best way for you to decide is to actually sit in the back of one on your hot climate day for 10 minutes. If you don't have a problem with it, then it shouldn't affect you. But if you do, best to look for a different vehicle that has air vents back there.

Sat on a friend's 3rd row JX before they renamed it to QX. It felt fine with the vents. Didn't bother to check when I bought my 2017. Who would had known they removed such a thing as air vents on later models. Kinda feel sorry for whoever I put back there.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterloc View Post
It may be fine for you maybe because your area have low to no humidity. But here on the northeast of the continent. It's impossible to feel comfortable back there on a hot day. And we're only talking about 96 degree with humidity. Best way for you to decide is to actually sit in the back of one on your hot climate day for 10 minutes. If you don't have a problem with it, then it shouldn't affect you. But if you do, best to look for a different vehicle that has air vents back there.

Sat on a friend's 3rd row JX before they renamed it to QX. It felt fine with the vents. Didn't bother to check when I bought my 2017. Who would had known they removed such a thing as air vents on later models. Kinda feel sorry for whoever I put back there.
I live in southern Texas where it's hot and humid. Not a big issue as long as you keep the air on full blast. It was 113 the other day and kids cooled down without any issues. It may be different for adults or those that live in cool places and aren't used to the heat like we are.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
You know something is wrong when the argument is about whether you can survive or not without A/C vents, and how survival might be easier if you're used to hot temperatures. This shouldn't be a discussion to be having in any car. Much less a luxury car. I'm glad my 2014 has the vents. It's another reason I'm not considering the 2017s after driving a service loaner recently and noticing I'm not missing almost anything with mine.

2014 Infiniti QX60 AWD (Premium, Premium+, Driver Assistance)
2014 Ford Escape Titanium
2014 Toyota Camry SE

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page