What's too much mileage to buy a use QX60? - Infiniti QX60 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What's too much mileage to buy a use QX60?

I'm days away from buying a QX60 or JX35, I've test driven one and that drive convinced me to buy the a QX60/JX35. Right now for the options I'm wanting, I can find a 2013 JX35 with 33K miles for about 29k. I've also found a 2014 QX60 with 58K miles for roughly the same price. My understanding is there isn't much of a difference between 2013 and 2014, so I'm leaning towards the JX35. The one caveat is that except when I have my kids, I don't put a lot of miles on my car. Between working from home and having a park-n-ride about a mile away, my 2010 Camaro has just over 44k miles on it, and I bought it used with around 3k.

When I go look at the actual cars at the dealers, anything in particular I should look for? I know about the transmission shudder issue.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Make sure the car you buy has Navi and the around view monitor. Don't buy a cheap, strippy one. You won't be able to stream music via bluetooth, and the 4 cameras make it a much better car (plus the strippy one has a crap stereo).

Otherwise, IMO the car is worth more if it has the Driver Assistance package (look for the button on the right side of the steering wheel with the bullseye on it).

JX vs. QX? Not a lot of difference. Most of the cars you see out there should be in the high 20's to low 30's. Just pick the one you like best.

++++++++

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

Garage: 2016 Q50 AWD Red Sport Iridium Blue; 1960 Austin Healey Sprite
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 01:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sinecure is absolutely right about not buying the base model. Definitely spend a little bit extra time and money to get an upgraded model.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 05:34 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
I agree, get the most options you can afford. I spend a ton of time in mine so the features/amenities defiantly help.

The JX will benefit from the older less problem-prone tranny, but the QX may have a new tranny. Also, the older will benefit from more depreciation on a vehicle that should last 250k miles.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Striped QX60 vs loaded

If I don't care about the crappy stereo or the Bluetooth streaming, the base QX60 without any package is still a good deal?
I'm looking one with 28K miles 2016 for 31K USD, one owner, no accidents. what do you think?
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
I don't think so myself.

I knew I wanted this car after much research into 3rd row seating options. When I went to the dealer to test drive, I test drove a basic model with nothing. To me, Bluetooth is very important, so when it became obvious there was no way to do Bluetooth streaming, I started to notice the other issues with the basic package, and I knew right away I would not be happy for several years in such a car.

Went with this one instead, which has a few of the packages, and I'm very happy. I only wish I had gotten the pano sunroof. But I got a good deal so I can't complain really.

2014 Infiniti QX60 AWD (Premium, Premium+, Driver Assistance)
2014 Ford Escape Titanium
2014 Toyota Camry SE
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 01:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
At that price point you may be better buying a loaded Pathfinder than a used base model Infiniti

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoo95 View Post
At that price point you may be better buying a loaded Pathfinder than a used base model Infiniti

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Sure, if features are more important to you than looks and other benefits.

I struggled to make that decision when I was in the market, it was tough to justify the huge cost difference QX and PF, at the end it came down to two things, how long am I planing to keep the vehicle and will I be able to afford it. Once I honestly answered those it was easy decision and no regrets to pay extra to get what I wanted.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
But you're talking about something else entirely. OP is asking about a specific base model QX60 over a well appointed PF at the same price. If you choose the QX60 you're saying you prefer the status symbol of the Infiniti over the comfort of the added features in the PF. Fully loaded PF will have cooled seats in front and heated seats in rear, wrap around cameras, pano sunroof, TVs, bluetooth streaming, and navigation. All of those contribute to a more enjoyable ride and overall experience. Base QX60 won't have any of what I mentioned, but will have that nice Infiniti logo in the grill. Of course, if you can pay more, go for the equivalent package in a QX60 over the same package on a PF. But it makes no sense to go bare QX60 over loaded PF.

2014 Infiniti QX60 AWD (Premium, Premium+, Driver Assistance)
2014 Ford Escape Titanium
2014 Toyota Camry SE
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
I don't know if I consider that a great deal right now. For comparison, my dealership is selling a 2015 QX60 with 36K miles, CPO warranty, and Driver Assistance Package (my #1 favorite option on this car) for $35,995. I think that's a much better deal, if you can afford it.

++++++++

I'm a salesperson at an
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

Garage: 2016 Q50 AWD Red Sport Iridium Blue; 1960 Austin Healey Sprite

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page