looking for a good phone holder/mount - Infiniti QX60 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 02:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
looking for a good phone holder/mount

We took delivery of a 2017 QX60 today and there doesn't seem to be a good spot for me to put my phone in the car that is easy to see and reach.
Want to see what and where other member's on the forum are using to mount/hold your phone.
Pictures would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
I drive a Q50 and have the Proclip unit for my car. They make good stuff and it works with theirs, as well as other holders. They have a QX60 solution as well. If you look around, you'll often find coupons for 10% off or free shipping from them. Car Phone Holders and Dashboard Phone Mounts*-*ProClip USA

Here's a picture of their base. Then you buy a mount for your specific phone (from them or other) and screw it to the base.

++++++++

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

Garage: 2016 Q50 AWD Red Sport Iridium Blue; 1960 Austin Healey Sprite
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
In Texas I'd never block an A/C vent. I just put my iPhone 7 Plus in the cupholder or the space in front of the gear selector. If anybody calls me I simply pick up through BT. I won't answer any texts while driving, much less pick up my phone to look at it. Plus in my city it's illegal to text/drive or just simply hold a device in your hand while driving.

Last edited by raven69david; 01-09-2017 at 08:11 PM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I bought this a while back for my other car and I've been thinking about getting something similar for the suv. But we use the DVD player for the kids sometimes so it's not perfect.
https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Universa.../dp/B00PC29ETE

Looks like amazon has another one for sale $9.99
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GNOEZB6

There are other types of the same, this one seems very minimal and uses magnets. I'm still debating on the magnet thing.

Last edited by Thorin78; 01-10-2017 at 01:30 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 11:26 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I have this frame and it is very nice.. Has awesome reviews on Amazon as well.. available at a huge discount in ebay.. if anyone is looking for one..

Kenu AIRFRAME + Portable Car Phone Mount Travel Stand SmartPhone Holder NIB | eBay
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 10:59 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
I have ~five or six types of phone holders and keep going back to the simplest ones. For example, the suction cups fall off the windshield, magnets on the back don't allow the phone to lay straight/require case, too bulky, others fall apart, etc....

The simplest is the vent holder and they're cheap, ~$1 on ebay. Here is an example:
Ebay Link

Keep in mind shipping takes ~25 days so buy a couple at once.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page