User Tag List

24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Know any cool tips and tricks?

Just wanted to know about any lesser known cool things such as being able to open all windows on a hot day with your smart key remote. Press unlock button, hold unlock for 3 seconds to open all windows to air out hot vehicle.
MarengoMac likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Thanks for starting this thread. I don't know if another thread like this exists on this forum, but I have seen one on Murano forum and learned quite many tricks/features from other owners.

So this could be another tip, can you remotely start the car after opening all those windows? The idea is to let the hot air from AC cycle through as you walk towards the car in the parking lot.
MarengoMac likes this.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
leave your car "on" (not necessarily running) when filling tires and the car will honk when tire is full
MarengoMac, jaymax and aller like this.

++++++++

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

Garage: 2016 Q50 AWD Red Sport Iridium Blue; 1960 Austin Healey Sprite

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

When returning 2nd row seat to fixed position after getting in/out of 3rd row:

Grab the seat from the seat-back and pull it back if you want it to stop at the forward-most position.

Grab seat from the plastic around the hinge (at bottom) if you want it to slide to its rear-most position before clicking in to place.

++++++++

I'm a salesperson at an
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

If you're really bored and have a DVD in the car. You can watch it on the front screen if the car is in park and the e-brake is on.

++++++++

I'm a salesperson at an

You can PM or

post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 06:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Has anyone tried asking the dealership if they have a list of these functions? Or even if they heard of any? With all the hands these cars go through at dealers and the volume of these cars passing through them i'd imagine someone knows.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
When returning 2nd row seat to fixed position after getting in/out of 3rd row:

Grab the seat from the seat-back and pull it back if you want it to stop at the forward-most position.

Grab seat from the plastic around the hinge (at bottom) if you want it to slide to its rear-most position before clicking in to place.
Awesome, I was getting annoyed doing it in 2 steps. Great tips Sinecure.

Not sure if I am sharing the obvious but I only noticed it recently, there are plastic tabs that can be pulled out from the sun visors sides to cover area around rear view mirror. Also noticed the card holder behind driver sun visor.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 11:39 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Fong View Post
Press unlock button, hold unlock for 3 seconds to open all windows to air out hot vehicle.
LOVE IT, thank you...
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Lots of folks don't know this one:

In reverse, the mirrors tilt down if the mirror adjuster switch is in the right, or left position. If it is in the center position, they will NOT tilt down. As long as you have around view monitor, you probably don't want/need them to tilt down.

Speaking of cameras: Most folks know you can press the "Camera" button on the dash while parking to turn on the forward facing camera. You can also press that button again, to switch the alternate (top down view is standard) to side view, or a second time to make it a very wide angle view out the front - this is useful if pulling out of a parking garage right onto a sidewalk with pedestrians. The "Change View" button on the screen also accomplishes the same thing.

++++++++

I'm a salesperson at an

You can PM or

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Oh, here are a couple more often overlooked features:

I hate having to search for the unlock button when I'm dropping people off. I want the car to unlock when I put it in park. You can make this the standard setting. Go into the "vehicle settings" in the meter display (the one between the speedo and tach). Go down to the auto unlock option. Click into it and choose "when shifting to P".

Similarly, I prefer that one click of my remote or one click of the door button unlock all the doors at once. The default in the QX60 is for it to take two clicks. In that same vehicle settings meter display, find "Selective Unlock" and turn it off. When it is off, all the doors will unlock at once.

++++++++

I'm a salesperson at an

You can PM or

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page