How reliable is the QX60? Infiniti named 5th worst reliable carmaker! - Infiniti QX60 Forum
User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How reliable is the QX60? Infiniti named 5th worst reliable carmaker!

How reliable is the QX60? I'm worried after the Consumer Reports stated that Infiniti was the 5th worst reliable carmaker! This is changing my mind on buying the QX60 and sticking with the Highlander or RX!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Plenty of discussions about this... Search is your friend. But it looks like you have made up your mind. (Personally, I've had way more problems with both Lexus cars I've had than with Infiniti... )

If you have a good dealer, any issues will be handled. My local Lexus dealers are idiots, for example.
BobOB likes this.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 09:26 PM
Lead Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
They had problems with their updated transmission and have taken care of it. They don't build their own transmissions. I have the JX and its been very reliable. I'd check all the forums for cars you are considering before you make a decision. I've found Consumer Reports not to be the best resource. Good, but I take their reviews with a grain of salt.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 03:51 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I agree that the dealer is the most important part! In our case they will do NOTHING to help us with almost ANY issue! A far cry from when we were buying the car! They are also the only Infiniti Dealer in the STATE! I think they now know this and that may be why they are even out of coffee, etc, in the waiting area a lot of days.

"If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is"

2014 QX60 Midnight Garnet with Every Package.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 09:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
I had a similar experience 20+ years ago with Saab. You, like me, can complain to corporate, but you will princely get no immediate satisfaction (for they usually work with the dealer, who stinks). But, I'd like to think my complaints helped them lose their dealership about two years after I bought the car... Same thing happened to a Cadillac dealer I used, too, come to think of it (hehehe).
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, I haven't made up my mind yet. The tranmission issues scare me. Everything else is great. Don't know what to do. I think I'll wait until Christmas to see who has the best deals. Also researching the Toyota Highlander, Honda Pilot.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 05:50 PM
Lead Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
You may want to call high volume Infiniti dealership service departments to see what they are experiencing with the transmissions. I spoke with my service advisor at Tacoma and they did see some vehicles with the transmission issue but were able to correct the problem with the software update. She said they haven't had any return issues with those customers. Checking with a high volume dealership will help you identify if they have had a large number of repairs or if they too have noticed the problem has been taken care of.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Unintended Value in Consumer Ratings

I've had my 2015 QX60 for a month now, and couldn't be happier. No problems with transmission, great ride, looks great, and driver's assistance package is a must.
Low reliability ratings from Consumer's Reports reflect past transmission problems, which if solved, will change Consumer Reports reliability ratings and increase sales and resale value.
Risk vs reward is moving towards the reward side.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
the transmission issue seems to exist on the 2014 or older definitely. and like ive read similar(although not as frequent) issues w/ the 2015. its not so clear to me as to whether they have a long term solution to address this shudder issue.

personally i would feel a bit uncomfortable owning one that was out of warranty and i would consider buying an extended warranty before we're allowed to add it,
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was in the same shoes as you 2 weeks ago. I watched numerous vids comparing various cars to the qx60 such as the highlander, mdx, 2016 pilot etc. After all, I decided to risk it and bought a 2015 black with java interior last week. Picking it up in a few hours. This being so, I cant yet speak as to how good they are but I did realize that many more people who are unsatisfied with something will post bad reviews and consumer reports out of frustration, however only few people will post good reviews because if it works as expected-it works. This is often why there are so many more bad ratings than good ones out there.

I've owned a 2004 FX35 for the past 4 years now and haven't had any problems beside having to change the alternator at about 110k. I have a number of friends and relatives that own infinitis and everyone loves them. I have not heard anything about infiniti nearly as bad as I have about many GM cars. IE: the Cadillac CTS had recalls for engine failure, something with the brakes and electronics.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page