Bluetooth audio, premium package - Infiniti QX60 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2015, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Bluetooth audio, premium package

Hello everyone. I just purchased a QX60 with the premium package. The dealers website stated it included streaming audio via bluetooth but as I found out the hard way it does not. Does anyone know of a kit I can purchase or some sort of work around to be able to play music wirelessly from my phone and use the steering wheel controls? I'm super bummed as this was my favorite feature in my last 3 cars (which were nowhere near as nice as this one). Thanks all for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2015, 11:03 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Sorry to hear that. I read the same thing before i purchased my qx60, but then i asked other folks on this forum and the dealership. One dealership told me it included it then he called me back and said that i would need to prem plus package. Long story short i ended up getting the correct package but feel your pain.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2015, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Take an old iPod and connect it to the USB port in the armrest. Use that as your music device. You'll have steering wheel controls, album art on screen, playlists, etc.

++++++++

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

Garage: 2016 Q50 AWD Red Sport Iridium Blue; 1960 Austin Healey Sprite

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2015, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
Take an old iPod and connect it to the USB port in the armrest. Use that as your music device. You'll have steering wheel controls, album art on screen, playlists, etc.
Thanks Sinecure,

I use Slacker Radio. (subscription radio like Pandora) so an ipod is not an option for me unfortunately. Is there any option oem or aftermarket that I can add to make Bluetooth audio work?
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2015, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Why don't you just plug your phone into the USB port?

I have Bluetooth and I prefer using the USB port. (1) music sounds better (higher fidelity), (2) it keeps my phone charged, and (3) it connects faster and I can see the album art.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2015, 06:48 PM

...also, you can listen to pandora (etc) thru the usb connection.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2015, 06:58 PM

...but if it has to be Bluetooth, the answer to your question is yes. Start here: http://www.dension.com/products/bluetooth
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and it won't play Slacker radio through the USB connection at all. I also looked at those Bluetooth kits and they don't list Infiniti as a compatible vehicle. I can't believe such a beautiful vehicle is so technologically sub par. I have a 5 year old base model Toyota Camry and a Ford Transit Connect that both have Bluetooth audio standard.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 05:40 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcraft View Post
Does anyone know of a kit I can purchase or some sort of work around to be able to play music wirelessly from my phone and use the steering wheel controls?.
You want a bluetooth FM transmitter that pairs with your phone and transmits to an unused FM signal, see example link below. I've used one of these for years in my M35, which has bluetooth for phone calls but not for audio-streaming.

Link Link

There are many different types so take your time and find the style you like (hidden/visible/extra USB port for charging the phone, etc...). Funny thing is, these aftermarket units will typically pair much faster than the QX60's built in system.

The downside is your phone may not pair with the car's phone-bluetooth and an aftermarket unit at the same time so you may need to completely (audio calls and wireless streaming) switch over to the aftermarket unit.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 07:11 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
...also, you can listen to pandora (etc) thru the usb connection.
I have the premium and plus packages. If you can play Pandora through the USB connection the process escapes me and it is not covered in the owners manual.

The one thing I notice about using Pandora through Bluetooth is that the volume is significantly lower than the radio volume. And I do not see the album art. Otherwise it sounds good to me. But then I wear hearing aids in both ears so my hearing is not really a good judge.

2015 QX60 AWD with
Premium and Premium Plus

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page