User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Theater Package and iPhone 6

Hi everyone,

I just bought a fully loaded qx60. Love the car.

We are having one issue, though. I can't figure out how to get movies on my iPhone 6 (or iPad Air) to play on the video screens.

I've searched these forums and the jx forums but haven't found any good solutions to use with the iPhone 6 and the lightning connector.

Has anyone found a solution? Please let me know!

Thanks,

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
You can't use the lightning connector. Thank Apple for their lovely DRM. Even my clients who work at Apple laugh about this.

You need to get a special cable that will take the video output and split it into RCA connectors. I think Apple makes such a cable, but there are probably third party options.

++++++++

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

Garage: 2016 Q50 AWD Red Sport Iridium Blue; 1960 Austin Healey Sprite
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
You can't use the lightning connector. Thank Apple for their lovely DRM. Even my clients who work at Apple laugh about this.

You need to get a special cable that will take the video output and split it into RCA connectors. I think Apple makes such a cable, but there are probably third party options.
Yes, you should be able to get one online or at a best buy or car audio store. I actually just had a client do this and it works very well.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-25-2015, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post

So what does something like that look like? A cable that plugs into my iPhone and then converts to RCA?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-25-2015, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Specifically, it looks like this:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC...osite-av-cable

$32 at the Apple iPhone store online. I've seen them at Target and Best Buy etc.

The lightning adapter goes into your iPhone and the RCA cables (yellow for video, red and white for left and right stereo sound) plug into the RCA jacks on the center console (located inside the center console next to the USB port for front passengers, or below the backseat temperature control unit in the second row).

To view you have to select the RCA jack used for the headrest. If the left headrest is on DVD and the right head rest is on the RCA jack the iPhone is using, The backseat passengers can watch two separate videos.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-25-2015, 10:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Make sure you get the one that has the lightning connector, Looks like I managed to link to the old style connector. Oh, and it's $39, not $32.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 02:02 AM

Have you gotten it to work yet? I went to bestbuy and was to no such connector works. After some research, I purchased
1. Lightning to hdmi cable
2. Hdmi to RCA converter
3. RCA cable 1.5 ft
Haven't tried it yet. Fingers crossed. Let me know if you found a solution. Will keep you posted on outcome.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 02:03 AM

I meant to say that I was "told no such cable exists."

Last edited by BeachBum; 09-08-2015 at 02:04 AM.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 04:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just ordered this from Amazon -
Amazon Amazon

There are cheaper ones available too but from the reviews it seems like their video quality is unreliable.

This effectively adds a HDMI port for the screens, which ideally should have been part of the theater package, in addition to the ancient composite AV inputs (even the Odyssey now gives a HDMI port). But this will open lot of options to get the videos from your phone/tablet to the car screen. I'm planning to use a Chromecast with it so my android phone/tablet screen itself can be transferred to the headrest monitors. Hopefully it will all work flawlessly.

But seriously this theater package from Infiniti is a rip-off. We didn't even want it but couldn't get the color combination and other packages without it. The screens are puny and seem to be low-res. Does anyone know what is the resolution on them?

Last edited by Lexfiniti; 09-08-2015 at 04:46 AM.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Can you explain how you set up the HDMI To RCA to get movies on iPhone to play on the video screen

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page