Driver Assistance Pkg worth the money!!! - Infiniti QX60 Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Driver Assistance Pkg worth the money!!!

This weekend while backing out of parking space half way out, a car drove by without stopping for me. Thanks to the BCI it braked my QX60 to avoid hitting the car (just like the commercials! ). Also love that it warns you when you get too close to an object(parking, drive-thru corners, garage etc......)
Plus, love the ICC and DCA controls when driving on the road.
I got this package with Prem, Prem+

Question, is there way to increase the warning beep sound? I though I had it at max from settings?

Loving my wife's QX60!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Great to hear! That package is way more popular since that commercial came out btw.

As for the volume, go into settings, other, camera, and there is volume and sonar sensitivity that you can adjust. Hope this helps!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreading22 View Post
Great to hear! That package is way more popular since that commercial came out btw.

As for the volume, go into settings, other, camera, and there is volume and sonar sensitivity that you can adjust. Hope this helps!
Thxs.. I will take a look at the settings.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 11:41 PM
Lead Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
IMO, the Driver's Assistance Package is well worth the money. Even fully loaded this car is still a great value as compared to its competitors.
GoldenGirl likes this.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2014, 06:44 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Garage
The only feature I'm not overly crazy about is lane departure warning/prevention. I'd have preferred a lane keep assist instead, but all the other features of the vehicle are nice to have as a backup imo. The all around view, blind spot thing and backup collision intervention are my favs.

2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid AWD - Obsidian Black with Graphite Leather - Fully loaded including the Theater Package
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2014, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
First time we have these gadgets in any of our cars. The default volume is a little low and I couldn't figure out how to increase it until I saw one of the posts above.
What is the best/safest way to test the BCI system to make sure it really works?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2014, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobOB View Post
IMO, the Driver's Assistance Package is well worth the money. Even fully loaded this car is still a great value as compared to its competitors.
That's what I have heard from many folks that have opted for it, very few have complaints about it from what I have noticed.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2014, 08:47 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
100% agree.

Around view was one of the major deciding factors that pushed the decision towards the QX60 over the MDX. My wife now refuses to drive any vehicle without around view. From hating parking, she has gone to enjoying it.

I am also not a huge fan of the LDW as I think it is too sensitive.

Btw I think adaptive cruise control should be the ONLY type of cruise control allowed on any car.
mattreading22 likes this.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2014, 11:31 PM
Lead Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
I agree with the adaptive cruise control feature comment. It should be the only one available since it has a real nice safety feature keeping you from creeping up on the vehicle in front of you. As mentioned in my cross country thread, I am really sold on Lane Departure Warning and Intervention. It really helps keep you in your lane during bad weather conditions and when being passed at high speeds by 18 wheelers.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobOB View Post
I agree with the adaptive cruise control feature comment. It should be the only one available since it has a real nice safety feature keeping you from creeping up on the vehicle in front of you. As mentioned in my cross country thread, I am really sold on Lane Departure Warning and Intervention. It really helps keep you in your lane during bad weather conditions and when being passed at high speeds by 18 wheelers.

Really having second thoughts about the ACC. IMO, it is not smart enough. On the interstate and in the right lane and some joker passes me and moves over into my lane, the car immediately slows down. If someone is behind me close that is a pretty dangerous situation because the computer is just not letting off the gas but braking in some instances. I don't know if the rear brake light are coming on but they should be.

IMHO, in a real world situation you should not really need ACC, you should be paying attention to the road. Some of these fancy features are just giving a distracted driver even more reasons to be distracted. Ok, I will get off my soap box now.

Last edited by mongo; 09-19-2014 at 07:55 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page