Adding roof rails and crossbars - Infiniti QX60 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Adding roof rails and crossbars

My QX60 did not come with rails/crossbars. Anyone know if these items can be added now and if so, how much this would run? I want to add a Yakima Skybox or Thule box, but it does not appear that I can do so with my current vehicle configuration (unless I'm not navigating their websites properly).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 02:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I remembered them being cheaper.

But according to my dealer's parts website the roof rails are $450 while the cross bars are $275. both say each but I think it's just 1 set.

You can see other websites are lower in price. $378 and $231 respectively. The part number for the roof rails are unique depending on the color of your vehicle. the cross bars part number is 999R1-RZ500
Just be weary of the site you purchase from. I'm not endorsing any of the sites below.
Infiniti parts

Infiniti parts

https://discountinfinitiparts.com/pa...catalogid=5508

Last edited by Thorin78; 07-08-2014 at 02:43 AM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorin78 View Post
I remembered them being cheaper.

But according to my dealer's parts website the roof rails are $450 while the cross bars are $275. both say each but I think it's just 1 set.

You can see other websites are lower in price. $378 and $231 respectively. The part number for the roof rails are unique depending on the color of your vehicle. the cross bars part number is 999R1-RZ500
Just be weary of the site you purchase from. I'm not endorsing any of the sites below.
Infiniti parts

Infiniti parts

https://discountinfinitiparts.com/pa...catalogid=5508
thank you for this.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 12:21 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Has anybody tried attaching Yakima towers to the QX60 factory roof rails? I just bought the QX and am trying to figure out if my old Yakima towers will fit.

If Yakima towers don't fit, are there any Thule or other brands that can attach to the factory roof rails?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 06:01 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meythodrider View Post
Has anybody tried attaching Yakima towers to the QX60 factory roof rails? I just bought the QX and am trying to figure out if my old Yakima towers will fit.

If Yakima towers don't fit, are there any Thule or other brands that can attach to the factory roof rails?
The QX rails don't have space underneath so the towers won't properly connect. You may be able to use a landing pad and skip the rails all together.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2015, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Aftermarket towers won't fit on QX60 rails. As an alternative, I strongly suspect that the Pathfinder rails would fit on the QX60 (I have not tried this - YMMV). If they do, you could clamp yakima or thule x-bars to the PF rails (theirs are raised).

There will be labor involved in mounting roof rails. x-bars can be done yourself with the included star wrench.

++++++++

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

Garage: 2016 Q50 AWD Red Sport Iridium Blue; 1960 Austin Healey Sprite

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page