User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-25-2014, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After Market Back Seat Headrest DVD Options

Does any body have a recommendation on an aftermarket DVD entertainment system (including cost) that can be installed piggyback on the current headrest?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-25-2014, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Infiniti has a dealer-installed option that you can add. Price is similar to that of the factory one, but you have to pay labor for installation. It is a slightly different system than the factory one. It has individual DVD players in each headrest.

++++++++

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

Garage: 2016 Q50 AWD Red Sport Iridium Blue; 1960 Austin Healey Sprite
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 10:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
You have three options.

The Infiniti dealer installed theater system, which would be the closest thing to the factory package. Pro is it has likely passed DOT crash testing (ie, it doesn't negatively impact whiplash protection.) and it will be compatible with your QX sound system. Negative is this is your most expensive option.

Your other choice is aftermarket. You can get aftermarket headrest DVD players installed at Best Buy. Just do a google search for prices and consumer ratings. You can get these installed for less than $1000, and they will look similar to the factory system. Not sure how they would impact whiplash protection.

Your cheapest option is to buy portable DVD players that Hang on the seat back. Phillips has an OK system, but you will have to deal with visible wires. You can get these at Best Buy or Target for less than $200.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 12:05 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I guess another option is simply 2 I-pads at the going rate.

Technology is changing quickly here. For instance, most of our discs are Blu Ray. Does the factory or dealer DVD system play them?

Don't invest too much money in an expensive and immediately obsolete system.

Bill

2014 Infiniti QX60 AWD
2013 BMW 550i/6 M-Sport
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Won't play blueray. None of the Infiniti options play blueray.

If it were me, I'd buy two iPads.

++++++++

I'm a salesperson at an
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

Garage: 2016 Q50 AWD Red Sport Iridium Blue; 1960 Austin Healey Sprite
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
if someone has a playstation 3, is it possible that it can be hooked up to the system as a blueray player?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitiFan View Post
if someone has a playstation 3, is it possible that it can be hooked up to the system as a blueray player?
If the play station 3 has RCA video/sound out jacks (yellow for video, red and white for left and right two channel stereo), then yes you can, but it will be standard definition, not high def. You'd have to power the play station with the AC power jack.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
two ipads! way more useful as you can take it on the go with you
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverJX View Post
two ipads! way more useful as you can take it on the go with you
True ... and you can get velcro pads or something to attach it to the back of the seats... it is probably less of a hassle to set up for your kids than the factory system.

A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves”. - Edward R. Murrow

"When there are people in power that are more worried about what they can get away with legally as opposed to what is right or wrong, no amount of reform in the world will make a difference." - Rick Mercer
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I use 3 iPads, 1 Nexus 7 and a RavPower Filehub that streams movies wirelessly to all my devices (Amazon.com: [5-in-1] RAVPower® FileHub Wireless SD Card Reader with 3000mAh Backup Battery, Wireless Mobile Storage Media Sharing, WLAN Hot Spot & NAS File Server: Computers & Accessories).

Everyone now watches whatever they want from the SD Card on the RavPower Filehub. A very good solution in my opinion. All my BluRays are converted to .mkv or .mp4 formats and the app that you download for the Filehub plays them without any issues simultaneously.

So both kids watching 2 different movies, in-laws watching 2 different movies and peace and solitude for the front seat people :-)
myinfiniti and Michael Fong like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page