Please help me replace license plates bulbs - Infiniti QX60 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Please help me replace license plates bulbs

I bought the new led light bulbs for the whole car. and replaced them already. But I cant replace license plates bulbs because I can remove the glass that is covering it. Please explain and maybe give some pics on how to remove that cover to replace the light bulb. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 10:04 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Garage
You have to remove the black piece of plastic (the plastic cover) that is on the inside of the rear lift gate to replace them. It's the whole plastic cover that covers the whole thing inside, it takes a bit of force to pop it out and continue popping it out all the way around.

I forget if there were those plastic rivet type things to remove as well, I did this very shortly after purchasing but just look around the edge if there may be any. It took a little bit of looking, investigating and experimenting but eventually I figured it out, it's not bad at all to do. Good luck, they look great once done!

2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid AWD - Obsidian Black with Graphite Leather - Fully loaded including the Theater Package

Last edited by Paradox; 04-04-2014 at 10:08 PM.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

thanks you very much. It will take me some time. please also tell me how to replace the lights that are just above your feet. as I understand it is 5w5 so just pull them out. But for some reason it doesn't come out. thanks.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 08:01 AM

Garage
For the footwell lights, you can twist the holder that the bulb goes into from the backside and it comes out. This makes getting the bulb out and then in easier. Then simply twist it back into place until it locks in place.

Yeah, removing the interior plastic liner from the liftgate takes a bit of figuring out since it is large but once done, you'll be happy you replaced those license plate lights with LED.

2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid AWD - Obsidian Black with Graphite Leather - Fully loaded including the Theater Package
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

So I just try to pop it out with a screw driver or I have to remove something first?
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Got it!!! Now I am an expert. LoL. I have all LEDs.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAXEP View Post
Got it!!! Now I am an expert. LoL. I have all LEDs.
I have been looking on eBay looking at results of qx60 searches and see LED interior and exterior lights everywhere.

I'm intrigued, but am a bit scared. This is the first car I've ever owned so I'm inexperienced and a bit leery. I read about the potential difficulty in replacing the license plate lights and also the lights above your feet that was described in this thread. How hard is it to replace the other lights? The interior lights in the roof of the car, the map lights between the two front seats?

Is it worth the effort and money? Does it allow you to see better? I'm guessing it is really cool looking, aesthetically. I'm scared to death that taking on this task with cause me to break something.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Thats what I though in the beginning as well. But having my gs350 with stock leds and qx60 without made me switch. It is a little harder to replace license plates but now I can replace all lights inside within 10 min. Where do you live? Brooklyn staten island?? I can meet you and show you.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 08:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCillini View Post
I have been looking on eBay looking at results of qx60 searches and see LED interior and exterior lights everywhere.

I'm intrigued, but am a bit scared. This is the first car I've ever owned so I'm inexperienced and a bit leery. I read about the potential difficulty in replacing the license plate lights and also the lights above your feet that was described in this thread. How hard is it to replace the other lights? The interior lights in the roof of the car, the map lights between the two front seats?

Is it worth the effort and money? Does it allow you to see better? I'm guessing it is really cool looking, aesthetically. I'm scared to death that taking on this task with cause me to break something.
Instead of lighting yellow-ish they light like daylight, and brighter than stock. It's not hard to do them, but I have been doing them in various vehicles i've owned over the years and am not afraid to 'get in there' and do this kind of thing. If you like taking a hands on approach to things, it's worth it to be different IMO. If doing things yourself isn't exactly your cup of tea, I'd not begin because doing some and not all wouldn't look good. The interior lights are easy as heck, the parking lights are easy but you have to take off that plastic piece that goes across the front of the car under the hood and the license plate lights are easy BUT you have to be willing to remove an interior trim piece and snap it back into place.

I posted detailed pics in a thread here showing which bulbs i bought, where I got them and how they look. here is the thread: http://www.infinitiqx60.org/forum/ne...sc-pics-2.html

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 08:51 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAXEP View Post
Where do you live? Brooklyn staten island?? I can meet you and show you.

His profile says Manhattan. Too far and expensive a drive for me over the Verrazano and through the Battery Tunnel, lol.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page