QX60 xenons not so bright? - Infiniti QX60 Forum
User Tag List

 4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
QX60 xenons not so bright?

Anyone else think that the headlights on the QX60 aren't as bright as xenons in other cars? Our other car is a 2013 VW Touareg - headlights are noticeably brighter. My previous cars with xenons included the Infiniti G37x and Audi A4 - both brighter. I've driven an Audi Q7 and BMW X5 quite a bit too - also brighter. I don't believe it's a matter of the aim of the lights either. Also, I think the cut off for the QX60's headlights aren't as sharp as well.
Young04 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 02:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
the best thing to do would be to upgrade the bulbs to a higher out put, but im not sure what the stock output is, do you know?
QxSixty is offline  
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QxSixty View Post
the best thing to do would be to upgrade the bulbs to a higher out put, but im not sure what the stock output is, do you know?
Don't know the answer to your question, but that is a great idea. Anyone else know of what bulbs can be put in our cars?
Young04 is offline  
 
post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 323
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young04 View Post
Don't know the answer to your question, but that is a great idea. Anyone else know of what bulbs can be put in our cars?
just found out they are D2S bulbs.
look up the different lighting ranges on what you can get and get one to your liking.
InfinitiFan is offline  
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 07:42 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 210
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
stock output is 35watts. and it is a D2S bulb

Its the exact same D2S bulb as your G37x. Not sure why it would be darker

The projectors should be similar too. Either yours is defective or your bulbs are wearing out?

Give these bulbs a try. Best in the market
D2S: Osram Xenarc 66240 CBI - HID Bulbs from The Retrofit Source Inc
mattreading22 likes this.
foreverJX is offline  
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverJX View Post
stock output is 35watts. and it is a D2S bulb

Its the exact same D2S bulb as your G37x. Not sure why it would be darker

The projectors should be similar too. Either yours is defective or your bulbs are wearing out?

Give these bulbs a try. Best in the market
D2S: Osram Xenarc 66240 CBI - HID Bulbs from The Retrofit Source Inc
Thanks for the response. I'm not sure why it's darker either, but it undoubtedly is. My guess is defective since my car is only a month old. Now I have a real noob question - are these bulbs easy to install?
Young04 is offline  
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverJX View Post
stock output is 35watts. and it is a D2S bulb

Its the exact same D2S bulb as your G37x. Not sure why it would be darker

The projectors should be similar too. Either yours is defective or your bulbs are wearing out?

Give these bulbs a try. Best in the market
D2S: Osram Xenarc 66240 CBI - HID Bulbs from The Retrofit Source Inc
Thanks for the response. I'm not sure why it's darker either, but it undoubtedly is. My guess is defective since my car is only a month old. Now I have a real noob question - are these bulbs easy to install?
Young04 is offline  
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 12:40 PM
Lead Moderator
 
BobOB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Posts: 492
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
I get the impression that they aren't that easy to replace. If you are having issues with them, you should check with your dealership to see if they will swap them out on warranty.
BobOB is offline  
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 12:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 210
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Agree. First choice is to talk to your dealer and see if its normal. Go up beside another QX60 on the lot and compare when its darker.

The bulbs aren't terribly hard to replace but its not easy if you aren't one to fix things yourself. Especially D2S bulbs.

But those bulbs I posted are the best bulbs you can buy in the market from a OEM brand. They provide the bulbs for MANY OEM applications.

They are also a bit whiter than your stock bulbs while being brighter.
foreverJX is offline  
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverJX View Post
Agree. First choice is to talk to your dealer and see if its normal. Go up beside another QX60 on the lot and compare when its darker.

The bulbs aren't terribly hard to replace but its not easy if you aren't one to fix things yourself. Especially D2S bulbs.

But those bulbs I posted are the best bulbs you can buy in the market from a OEM brand. They provide the bulbs for MANY OEM applications.

They are also a bit whiter than your stock bulbs while being brighter.
thank you. i will do that.
Young04 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome