Join Date: Apr 2013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What's going to change as Infiniti removes the JX35 badge from the back of the vehicle and replaces it with a QX60 badge? The short answer is not a lot. Except of course there's going to be a hybrid version - that's a big change.
First, the exterior - no new colors. There will now be a "3.5" badge added to the front fender of the gasser, and a "Hybrid" badge on the hybrid.
Interior - the Deluxe Touring package will add a power return third row seat.
Infiniti will be splitting the Premium package into Premium and Premium Plus. Remote Start and Heated steering wheel moved to the Premium package (was part of Driver's Assistance in JX35). Rain sensing wipers are moved to the Premium Plus package.
What's the difference b/w Premium and Premium Plus? Easiest way is to answer what does Plus add:
- Navigation, including NavTraffic, NavWeather and Zagat Guide
- Voice Command
- Infiniti Connection telematics system
- Around View Monitor w/ Moving Object Detection and front/rear sonar
- In-dash CD/DVD player
- Rain sensing wipers
You will be able to get Driver's Assistance package w/out Premium Plus package. In order to get Theater, you'll need to get Premium and Premium Plus packages - same for Deluxe Touring.
Other packages and contents remain the same.
For the Hybrid version, things are a bit more streamlined. There will basically be two package options - a la the current JX.
- HEV Premium Package - Includes contents of Premium and Premium Plus packages.
- HEV Deluxe Touring Package - Essentially loaded. Includes what in JX is called Premium, Deluxe Touring and Technology packages. It is unclear right now whether Theater is required with HEV Deluxe Touring, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is. Also, I'm not certain that the power 3rd row seats are available in the hybrid.
You can get HEV Premium and add Driver's Assistance package. With HEV Deluxe Touring, Driver's Assistance changes names to "Tech Package" and is included in the Deluxe Touring.
I've been told no loss of space from the batteries. I asked twice for clarification when I was told that, and the answer confirmed, no loss of space.