Will you get the QX60 Hybrid? - Infiniti QX60 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Will you get the QX60 Hybrid?

Infiniti plans to charge a $3,000 premium for the QX60 Hybrid. Drivers covering 12,000 miles per year may save nearly 110 gallons of premium fuel, or about $440 annually. That means the QX60 Hybrid's more expensive powertrain pays for itself in about 7 years.

That's quite a few years to recoup your money back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 04:12 PM

I think you already hit the nail on the head with your post. You don't really get a savings by buying hybrid. You save on fuel with the increased mpg but you have to pay 3k more.

Unless you have more environmental concerns, than there really is no point.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I think it's a no brainer here.

The outgoing 2013 Infiniti JX35 is current priced at $40 000, so adding $3000 on top of that for the hybrid model won't change my monthly payments much. With the hybrid drivetrain we'll be getting an extra 5 MPG's, seems worth it to me.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

I suppose, by splitting it up into monthly installments, the costs don't seem to be significant. I would still wait to hear about how the hybrid performs before committing.

The money spent on the difference can still be used for other expenses like fuel.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How good is Infiniti's hybrid technology. I hear quality of hybrid tech can depend on the automaker. How does Infiniti's stack up?
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 09:05 AM

The QX60 hybrid will be the first vehicle to carry Nissan's new four-cylinder based hybrid system. The powertrain mixes a supercharged 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine with an electric motor which is sandwiched between the engine and a CVT. A lithium ion battery pack behind the third row provides juice to the electric motor, and is replenished by a regenerative-braking setup.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondJX View Post
How good is Infiniti's hybrid technology. I hear quality of hybrid tech can depend on the automaker. How does Infiniti's stack up?
No where as good as what Lexus and Toyota has, I would say Nissan/Infiniti's Hybrid system may still be in beta mode and wouldn't be surprised if there are a number of issues with it.

for now Toyota > Nissan when it comes to Hybrid drivetrains.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 06:23 PM

I'm a bit of a Buick fan and was hoping Buick would get into the Hybrid vehicle market but they haven't even touched it. Only cool thing they did was some performance with the new Verano. The Buick Enclave is a direct competitor to the QX60 and if it had a Hybrid powertrain then the QX60 might be in a bit more trouble.

For now I see the premium from going from a QX60 petrol to Hybrid as the best yet, all other car makers have some ridicilous $10k premium which takes 7-10 years or more to break even on.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitiFan View Post
No where as good as what Lexus and Toyota has, I would say Nissan/Infiniti's Hybrid system may still be in beta mode and wouldn't be surprised if there are a number of issues with it.

for now Toyota > Nissan when it comes to Hybrid drivetrains.
x2

just give Nissan some time to prove they can build a good hybrid system. toyota just has numbers, way more than nissan so the ball is in their court and will be for a while. won't be surprised if the QX60 hybrid has more problems than the regular QX60
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 10:53 AM

I'm starting to think most people will get the hybrid option over the petrol. Which I think makes sense especially with SUVs. Hybrid engines reduce the amount of gas used which SUVs are known for.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page