2017 QX60 with Nav; where is 4 years SM traffic ?? - Infiniti QX60 Forum
User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
2017 QX60 with Nav; where is 4 years SM traffic ??

so we just bought the new 2017 QX60 with premium plus pkg and were very excited that the car comes with 4 years of SM traffic as listed in the pkg details on their website; its been 2 weeks and i don't see traffic to i called the dealer, they did not have a clue, then i called XM, they did not have a clue either; i am going to contact infinite next but was wondering if anybody else has faced the same issue???

any feedback would be appreciated, thanks

Text from pkg detail on the infiniti website
[SiriusXM® Traffic and Travel Link with 4 year complimentary trial access to traffic, weather, fuel prices, stocks, sports, and movie times[*]

2017 INFINITI QX60 Crossover Specs | INFINITI USA
firemailwv likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daksh11 View Post
so we just bought the new 2017 QX60 with premium plus pkg and were very excited that the car comes with 4 years of SM traffic as listed in the pkg details on their website; its been 2 weeks and i don't see traffic to i called the dealer, they did not have a clue, then i called XM, they did not have a clue either; i am going to contact infinite next but was wondering if anybody else has faced the same issue???

any feedback would be appreciated, thanks

Text from pkg detail on the infiniti website
[SiriusXM® Traffic and Travel Link with 4 year complimentary trial access to traffic, weather, fuel prices, stocks, sports, and movie times[*]

2017 INFINITI QX60 Crossover Specs | INFINITI USA
hmmm... OK, what I had been considering user error on my part may not be user error after all

I had been trying to get it to work as well but haven't figured it out yet, granted I work from home so I spend no more than 10 mins in my car, and that is when picking up or dropping kids at school, so traffic is not a huge concern. Now, I am going to look more thoroughly.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 08:12 PM

OK, I got an opportunity to drive my QX60 on a 140 miles round trip. During the drive I did check traffic on route and nearby so the SiriusXM traffic feature is working. Whether that is good news or not is different story. In my experience, I find it similar to the traffic report from local radio stations and free traffic on my old TomTom, which to me is useless. It is never accurate or up to date except for the usual bottleneck spots, like bridges, tunnels etc.

On my trip back from New Jersey the car navigation was taking me through Lincoln tunnel which is an obvious pain point for local commuter, but in fact had traffic backed up quite a bit and was visible, luckily I had google maps navigating me as well and which stayed on top of changing traffic conditions compared to the built in navigation. It will be great if there is a way to get that map in to the screen. I was able to send directions via Bluetooth to the speakers, but would like to get the map pushed to the screen. I have never been fond of built in navigation systems, they are expensive and do not have as good routing logic/software as google, waze or Garmin/TomTom.

Going back to your original question, it was already enabled in my car. I did play with settings yesterday to ensure traffic guidance is selected (i forgot the exact name of the setting, but it is in settings).

Last edited by coop64; 12-27-2016 at 08:17 PM.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Four years!! My 2016 only came with 3 months!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 02:40 PM

That's something new Infiniti/Nissan started from MY2017. The Pathfinder comes with 3 year free traffic. Originally the news mentioned free SiriusXM for 3 or 4 years then they updated to say some select services which doesn't include radio
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 02:43 PM

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 02:14 AM Thread Starter

my dealer is still trying to figure out what needs to be done in order to get me 4 years of traffic. I already have opened a case with Infiniti Consumer Affairs, they are also not sure; Just to be clear its not about the setting on the car, i have traffic now but its a 3 month trial; the way to find that out is by registering with XM or call them, they will tell you how long is your trial valid for; Anybody else figure this out yet ?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Please people, bug the crap out of Infiniti Consumer Affairs and SXM customer service over this. I promise you, your salesperson can't get much done on this front. As much as we're penalized on surveys when Infiniti messes it up, and we try to make calls on your behalf, there's very little we're able to get done about this and Infiniti Intouch (connection) - beyond making sure it is configured right at the outset. I've tried numerous times to sort these things out for clients and it is usually just a giant time suck for me. I hate telling clients they'll have to be the one to fight it out with Infiniti or SXM, but in my experience, that's the case. Grrrr. Come on Infiniti - make this crap work better right out of the box (showroom).
myinfiniti likes this.

++++++++

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

Garage: 2016 Q50 AWD Red Sport Iridium Blue; 1960 Austin Healey Sprite
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

I finally got it done; XM is showing i have 4 year trial for traffic now;
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Is it really a trial if it's for 4 years? I mean seriously.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page